The task of getting my blog and all of the links back the way I want them has been completely overwhelming. But once Ryan's birthday party was behind me, I realized that I don't have to sit down for hours upon hours and fix everything all at once. I can take it in bite-sized chunks, just like I did when planning the party! DUH!
So today I spent some time on a couple of chunks. The links on the navigation bar up top should mostly be working (with the exception of "Subscribe" - I need help with that one) and all of the new category buttons on the sidebar should have links. Some of the links will overlap; for instance, "Being a Homemaker" includes posts from "Being Organized" and "Being a Parent" because I think those are a part of being a homemaker. But if you're suddenly inspired to get organized, you can hone in on that category without being bothered with other homemakery stuff. (yes, I just made up that word)
I've had a couple of complaints about the new site locking up and I've even had it happen to me a few times. I'm hoping that we've got that under control, but if you're still having issues, please let me know.
I also want to point out that if you were a follower of Three Blondes and a Redhead, you'll have to delete that blog (I won't have any new posts there, just duplicates for linking purposes) and re-add yourself as a follower of Intentionally Katie. Sorry for the hassle there, guys!
The last thing I have to tackle is revising all of the links on the new site to reflect the new addresses for the posts. This is going to take a while and I will fix it little by little so I don't go crazy. I'm also going to post all of my recipes back to Three Blondes and a Redhead for those of you who have linked to them for meal plans, since it appears Blogger will not be assisting me in redirecting those posts. (Ahhh...the limitations of having a free site!)
Thanks for being patient while I iron out all of the wrinkles that come with changing the blog site. Who would have thought this would have been so complicated??? That's what I get for not being technically inclined.












4 comments:
Your blog looks great so far and I'll be excited when it's all together. I'm glad I found it. Take you time!
This also works for whining husbands who don't want to help out on their downtime (when exactly is 'downtime' for us SAHM's, I'd like to know!!!).
I totally understand, honey. I just need 10 minutes of your time, then you won't have to dip into anymore of your off-time. Thank you SO much.
Then you set the alarm for 20 minutes. Men are crap at time-keeping anyway, might as well use it to our advantage. :-)
xoxoxoxoxo
Hey Katie!
Are you thinking of putting the "Blogs I Follow" link back up on your sidebar? I kinda liked that...
Did I just post a comment on the wrong item? DOH! I meant this for the Time Saving Tips one.
Never mind. Just a blonde moment, in preparation for my trip to the natural-hair-bleaching sunny midwest next week. :-)
xoxoxoxoxo
Post a Comment