Monday, June 29, 2009

#74 - Find the perfect picture for above the dining room table

When I went away on my girls weekend last month, I found some black, matted, 15"x15" square frames on clearance marked 80% off, down from $30 to $6 each. Instead of paying big bucks for one larger picture to hang above my dining room table, I decided to do a collage of family pictures. Mike helped me hang everything last night (it would have taken me forever to get everything straight and proportioned on my own - thanks, honey!) and now I get to check #74 off my 101 in 1001 list. Looking at the picture below, I just realized that the space between the top pictures is wider than I wanted. Hmm...that's what I get for starting this project at 9:30 at night...

Since my dining room table is square and the frames are square, the wall needed some variety and a different shape, so I picked up the maroon and gold plaque at Kirkland Home the other day to complete the project. (my walls are gold on top and maroon on the bottom 1/3 of the wall below a chair rail)

I realize it's a bit cheesy, being that I'm from Kansas and all, but it is the perfect sentiment for the display.

post signature

1 comment:

Heathahlee said...

It's not cheesy! I like it, especially since you ARE from Kansas! I like the pictures, too. Y'all did a great job. And scooting the top ones over shouldn't be a big deal...the other holes will still be covered up by the frame.

By the way, I have my linky party up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails