Thursday, June 11, 2009

Come One, Come ALL!

Have you ever over-invited people to an event? Say...your wedding? I remember getting to the point with our RSVPs for our wedding where I was SO relieved to get a "no" response. How horrible is that?!?!? The biggest issue was that I assumed the 2/3 rule (that 1/3 of the people wouldn't come) and we were almost over capacity at the reception hall. I think we ended up with only three under fire code!

I was always told that about 1/2 of the people you invite to a party (birthday or otherwise) will come. But for Ryan's Carnival party next weekend, I'm ready to max this place out. Every time someone RSVP's "no," I'm SO bummed. This time, I genuinely want everyone there. Because I bought some great prizes for the games and am going to mass-produce the coolest cupcakes I've ever seen. For Ryan's sake, I want this to be a blowout.

And after 2 months of bargain shopping, planning and preparing, I can't believe the party is next weekend. Ryan is beside himself with excitement and bounces around like a pogo stick every time he tears off a ring from his birthday countdown chain. He asked again today if his most recent pre-school teacher is coming. I'm thinking I should call her and at least give her the opportunity to say, "no" instead of just assuming she'd prefer to stay home and not get a migrane at our crazy party!

2 comments:

The DutchMac Tribe said...

I had the 'no refusals' thing happen one year for Thanksgiving, and it was SUCH a blessing that it was in our previous house that could hold thirty people comfortably in the living room .... our current house can barely manage SIX! But yes, that was one of the best nights ever. A year and a half on, some of our friends still mention what a great night that was.

I'm sending all my positive mojo for as few refusals as possible for Ryan's party, and can't wait to see the pictures!

xoxoxoxoxo to all

Katie Porter said...

Invite the teacher! We love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails