I'm halfway there! Already 20 weeks into the pregnancy with 20 weeks to go. Time's flyin'. Here I am, starting to look less fat and more pregnant.I'm feeling good, still pretty tired all the time. I'm in trouble if I skip my daily nap, and always sleep pretty well at night. (except when I can't get comfortable) No major cravings this time, other than my random 9am burger runs. There have been a total of 4 of those - I'm surprised how many places serve hamburgers at 9am! It's usually when I'm driving by and see the sign that the craving hits like a freight train.
Mike and I had a great date night on Friday. We went to dinner, then settled in to the comfy chairs at Barnes & Noble with 4 different baby name books. (note: stay away from the 100,000+ Baby Name book...75% of them are so foreign you would never consider the names for your child) We established a list of possibilities and we're hoping to finalize one in the next month or so.
Names that did NOT make the list include: Faruk, Akbar, Morvan, Havelock, Atherton, Dagabert, Ennis and Quindarius. (BTW Akbar and Ennis made it through spell check through Blogger. Really?!?) I know I have several readers in faraway countries, so please do not be offended if I listed your name or the name of someone you know. But these names are pretty far from any that I've ever heard! We haven't laughed so hard in a very, very long time. It was actually a really fun couple of hours.
The kids are really excited and Kaylin tells me at least 5 times a day that she loves the baby. (today she's easily said it 25 times) It's always out of the blue, sometimes in a desperate voice, like she doesn't think I understand quite how much she loves him. This morning, I woke her up because we had to go somewhere and the first thing out of her mouth while she stretched was, "Bay-beeeeeeee. Baby, baby, baby. Baby boy. Bay-beeeeeee..." And she thinks he's directly behind my naval, because she frequently lifts up my shirt and suctions her kiss right to my hollowed out belly button. The poor girl really wants to meet him. I continue to tell her that we have lots to do before the baby comes: we have Ryan's birthday party, then her birthday party, then we're going to Disneyland to meet the princesses and to San Diego to go to the beach...plenty to look forward to.
The other day, Kaylin jumped from one chair to the other and I happened to be on it. Her knee went into my forearm and her body weight fell on my stomach. I naturally gasped in pain and she hopped off, confused about why I was complaining. But her biggest concern was, "Is the baby hurt and crying in your tummy?"
In the last week, this child has become extremely active. It's almost like I've forgotten he's in there, because he'll kick and I'll think to myself, "What on earth was THAT?" I think, up until this point, I've assumed all activity down there has been gas. But I'm not a complete idiot...it only takes me a few seconds to remember that there's a human being in my stomach. Mike actually felt him move for the first time last night, which was really fun for both of us.
20 weeks down, 20 to go...hard to believe!












16 comments:
Katie, you look great!
you look fabulous! and i love your hair!
you look wonderful! and i loved that part of being pregnant. not all the "symptoms", but the wonderful memories that growing a baby leaves you.
You look great, I especially love your hair! Blonde is so you! : )
My grandfathers name is Ennis, so it is a real name. My other grandfather is Elbert, seriously, what where there parents thinking??
Hi!! I have read your blog through a friends for a little while now, and have figured out that we are due around the same time! I'm 20 weeks as well, so it's been fun to be able to compare a bit. You look great! Thanks for the inspirational reads!
Awwwwm Katie you look so cute!
You look great! I can tell you have that 2nd trimester glow/energy going! Shoot.... you're making me miss it even more.... uh oh.
Looking good mama!!!
Wish I had looked that beautiful when I was pregnant!!
Okay - I'm posting pictures of myself ALL the time. These compliments are GREAT for my ego! :)
You should post more! You look great!
Awe YAY!!! You are looking just dahling! It will FLY BY...I can't believe I only have 9 weeks left!!! EEEKKK!!! Love the updates! Btw...I have been craving homemade granola! I think I am gonna whip some up this week too! =0>
You look fabulous! Don't laugh, I actually printed your picture to take to the hairdresser! I am lovin' your do! I promise I'm not a stalker or anything, just need major hair help!
I think those were the names of all my engineering professors.
You do look great. We're also in the process of looking for baby names (I'm 23 weeks), so that post really made me laugh. Last pregnancy we were still debating on a middle name while I was in labor, but this time I'm hoping to get it nailed down a little sooner. Here's to finding "the one"!
You look great! Hoping your pregnancy continues to go well!
Blessings
Post a Comment