e each child a tattoo on their hand, but they continued to pull additional items out of the box. Who would have thought that two balloons would keep these kids entertained for over an hour? They both had a blast blowing them up, letting the air out and watching them fly around the room. Or laughing hysterically as they pulled the balloon end so that the escaping air sounded like...flatulence. (Let's just use that word there, 'kay?)
After the balloons, they pulled out the baby containers of bubbles. Clearly, we haven't played with bubbles in a while because, again, they were captivated on the back porch for another hour.
I love that my kids are finding joy and entertainment in the simple things. One other cheap, easy idea that I want to share: the other day, my neighbor pulled out a bucket filled with water and a couple of 2-3 inch paint brushes. Her daughter and my kids painted the sidewalks with water for hours, until I had to tear them away for bathtime. They had a BLAST, specifically Kaylin. She was mesmerized with the fact that the water evaporated (quite quickly here in DRY Phoenix) and she'd race to repaint her masterpiece.
I'm sure this is all a part of the "kids love playing with the box more than the gift" concept. How great would it be to still have that kind of imagination?













3 comments:
My daughter LOVES to water paint! It keeps her busy for, well, many minutes (she's not quite 2).
Love your new blog! It looks great!
My kids LOVE bubbles. They will keep them entertained for quite some time. I see kids bring paint brushes to the pool all of the time. I would have never thought of that. Glad you had a simple and fun day!
I'm with you on this one! LC will bat a balloon around with us for AGES, and it means we get to sit on the sofa while he runs himself legless. I've packed a couple to take with us on our international trip ... airport lounges get boring even for us adults!
And bubbles are my gift of choice for daycare/school birthday parties. Cheap, sugar-free, and endlessly entertaining. Forget Kix, bubbles and balloons are the original 'Kid Tested, Mother Approved'! :-)
xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment