BOY! I had a feeling, but am still a little shocked, for some reason. Probably because EVERYone thought it was a girl. And we'd picked out a girl name. And putting a girl in Kaylin's room would be more convenient than putting a baby boy in Ryan's room. So we have some logistical things to work out, but I'm still totally excited. I think mostly because this opens up the possibility of having a baby #4. Of course, now I'M the one a little concerned about being outnumbered! Oh well, at least I have my little girlie girl, Kaylin.
Kaylin is such a girl that she wanted to dress up in her prettiest dress with her pretty pink headband and white purse to go see the baby. She said, "Maybe the baby will say, 'That is such a pretty, pink dress!'"
Then there's Ryan, who was so excited to see the baby that he brought his Fisher Price camera and took the only picture in the ultrasound room. (That's a side-by-side shot, by the way. Much to the kids' disappointment, it was re-confirmed that we are NOT having twins!)
Ryan is THRILLED to be getting a baby brother. Kaylin whined, "But I wanted a sister..." at first, but now she's excited. She was pretty disappointed that the "movie" of the baby didn't allow the baby to talk to her.
Mike is beyond words. He is so relieved that Kaylin will be sandwiched between two boys to protect her. The things that go through a father's head, I tell ya...
Here are a couple of the pictures. My scanner isn't working, so I had to take a picture of the pictures - not great quality, but something's better than nothing. (click to enlarge)
When the technician stopped at the bum shot, it was VERY obvious that it's a boy. Even after only seeing 2 other ultrasounds, I could see our son in all of his glory!!!
Oh boy, it's a BOY!













13 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!
Congrats! I am so excited for you. Now what postition did you say you were in? My 3 girls would love a brother?? :)
yay! congrats!!!
hey.
congrats! so happy for you. now come to tn for some maternity pics!
he he he!
Congrats!!!! Two boys :) How sweet!!
Yay!
Don't ask me why, but that's what I would have guessed!
When I had my third baby, I had a six year old boy and a three year old girl. Logistically we thought another girl would be great to put in with our daughter. We ended up putting the first two together for a while with bunk beds. After all they are little. Then when the baby #3 was around 2, we moved the oldest into a bedroom we made in the cellar....he loved it.
However, now I look back and think.....sharing a room would have been a better lesson! and maybe made them closer even though they were 6 years apart.
Congratulations!
Congratulations!!
Congrats!
Congrats! You couldn't go wrong with either. Boys are fun!
Oh, congratulations! I agree with your husband about sandwiching Kaylin in between them. Although the years getting to where that will actually help will be some time from now! : )
That is so sweet that Kaylin wanted the baby to talk in the "movie". Oh, to have a little one like that again!
Congrats! I was sitting here nodding my head when you talked about the ease of the girls sharing a room and the interesting arrangements that might come now. We are about 10 weeks away from being in the same boat. We have a 3 yr old boy and a 1 yr old girl and one on the way. Can't wait to see which it is. Our son has already put in a vote for a boy of course, and we haven't even told him we are pregnant yet! I don't know what I feel like it is though. With both of them I was pretty sure.
Anyway, Congrats again! Get to work on that boys name! (we have trouble with those too!)
Post a Comment