Sunday, May 17, 2009

Do YOU need a getaway?

(P.S. #6 on my 101 list is 1/2 checked off!)

I didn't know how much I needed to get away from "life" until I was gone. And now I am so refreshed, I don't know what to do with myself.

This weekend, I went on my 2nd ever getaway with some girlfriends. And ladies, I highly recommend doing this annually! The first time we went away was about 18 months ago, so I was seriously ready for an escape. No kids. No husbands. No agenda or schedule...it was divine.

On Friday, we headed into the mountains where it is NOT 105 degrees, but a beautiful 75 degrees by day and 40 degrees at night. (we slept with the windows open and snuggled into our beds for the first time in months) We got in late, ate fattening food and hung out until we were exhausted.


Saturday was calm, relaxing and very lazy. After lunch at a great little bakery, we went shopping and to see a chick flick (Ghosts of Girlfriends Past) then ate dinner at Oregano's. I finally found bras that fit my awkward body, bought some beautiful square clearance frames to hang in my dining room, and found a cute sale dress for Kaylin.

Back "home" that night, I gave myself a pedicure while we watched Notting Hill. The whole weekend was just relaxing. And Mike was shocked that there wasn't any drama, since three of the four of us are pregnant. Men - they have no faith in the hormonally challenged...

2 comments:

Under the Florida Sun said...

Oh this sounds like fun.
My friends and I keep talking about doing this and I know we just need to plan it.

Maybe I'll start looking into that today.

Raquel, The Glamorous Life said...

what a fun time!!!! i need a girls weekend that does not include planning for mops.

Related Posts with Thumbnails