Saturday, July 26, 2008

10,000 hits

I missed my 10,000 hit mark! I purposely checked my blog this morning (knowing that I was nearing 10,000...I know, I'm a dork) and my counter said 10,008. *sigh* SO I missed it. But happy 10,000 hits to ME!!! I read a few blogs who get 10,000 hits per day, but this is a huge milestone for my insignificant little blog. What's crazy is that I just celebrated 2,000 hits in March, but then again, I didn't add the counter until sometime in January, I think. I currently get anywhere from 50-100 individual visitors a day, which still blows my mind. (If you just did the math on that and don't get it, the number of "hits" is so high because every time someone clicks on a post within my blog that refreshes their screen, it's recognized as a seperate "hit." But my Cluster Map only accounts for each person who arrived on the site once per day, that's how I get the 50-100 number. 110 is by far my highest day. 50-75 is much more typical.)

The other day, I was still a little "high" from efficiently doing a 14 day meal plan using only food we have in the house (most of which will be fresh) and I starting thinking about how glad I am that I have a blog. Not because I need to share my accomplishment or even the great recipes I'm finding, but as a reference for myself. I love my blog. I love what I've chosen to include, I love the stories I've told, I love the pictures I've included, I don't feel like I've embarrassed anyone (or myself) with things I've shared, overall, I'm proud of my blog. Every few weeks, I'll get a whiff of nostalgia and click back a few months to see what kinds of things the kids were up to or what random things were on my mind at the time. And I always think to myself, "I'm so glad I posted about that," or "Look how little Ryan was," or "I forgot how quickly Kaylin's hair has been growing lately."

I love my blog. Thank you for caring enough to read about my world.

6 comments:

Carry Grace said...

Congrats on 10,000 hits! That is an accomplishment! You should be proud.

Anonymous said...

Impresseive! I was excited that 100 random people read my blog. Now, I think I'm up close to 400.

This is me saying, "I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!" (You know, from Wayne's World) Oh, bloggy queen.

--- Brandi

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Yea....that is so exciting. Your passion for sharing in your blog is evident...so fun to see you say "I love my blog." The memories written down for ever is what you will love even more.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! It makes me feel like we have been friends for years, when we have only met a few times. I hope that someday we can become real life friends because I need some organizational HELP!!!

The Johnson Family said...

Congratulations! I'm happy to have contributed to your 10,000 mark. :) Keep it up! I'love it!

Lisa said...

I love your blog too Katie! You do such an amazing job with it- and the coolest part is that I know you love doing it! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails