Sunday, July 6, 2008

Celebrating 4th of July

We had an extremely relaxing Independence Day around here. I had wanted to have a pool party and BBQ all day, like we have the past few years, but another friend asked if she could have it this year. I was cool with that, until I found out on Wednesday that her party didn't start until 5:00! I could have still had people over all day! Oh well, we swam as a family and did piddly things around the house, which worked out just fine. And, of course, I worked in some red, white and blue activities to be patriotic!

For breakfast, we had blue pancakes with blueberries...











Then we made Jell-O in some star-shaped baking tins...












And made brownies in the same tins to bring to the party...











Then we did a little painting project... (I'm going to do canvas handprints with the kids each summer around their birthdays and hang them as a collage in the playroom)











And finally, we went to the BBQ. I had to take this picture of the kids (most of them) at the table eating dinner because they were so cute, all lined up like little ducks...

A sweet picture of Kaylin and her little friend Kaitlyn eating with the big kids...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the canvas hand print idea - really great. We have just started school holidays over here in Australia, and that would be a great little craft that I could do with the kids.
Your blog is so pretty.

Wishful Thinking said...

Thanks for visiting my blog :-) Cute baking! Like your star brownies. I don't bake very much ... we end up eating WAY to much and then wish we hadn't! My baking is bad for our waistlines (hee hee)

Shelly said...

Too much fun! You are always so creative! As a side note I just realized that my revamped blog somehow didn't update your blog. So if you noticed you weren't linked on my blog, its not because I don't love you. Its because I'm a space cadet. As soon as I'm home on my own computer, I'm fixing it. Sorry bout that my friend! Happy belated 4th.

Anonymous said...

I love the star brownies and blue pancakes. I will be using those ideas for the next 4th!
Thanks~
Toni

Related Posts with Thumbnails