Serves: 8-10
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 6-8 hours in crock pot on low
Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts
1 jar salsa
½ cup water
1-15oz can of black beans (drain and rinse)
1-11oz or 15oz can corn (drain and rinse)
½ packet taco seasoning
-------------------
1 cup uncooked brown rice
8 oz brick cream cheese (low fat works well)
-------------------
Tortillas
Directions:
- Combine first 6 ingredients in crock pot. Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- One hour before you're ready to serve, add 1 cup uncooked brown rice.
- Half hour later, add 1 brick of cream cheese. Shred chicken and scoop into tortillas to make burritos.
Check out Life as Mom for more great crock pot recipes and WFMW for more summer recipes!












7 comments:
I think I'm going to make this tomorrow. I had a recipe almost just like this, but this one sounds better. I'm really enjoying your recipes. I going to make your banana bread tomorrow.
Sounds yummy, I make a similar dish in a skillet, the crock pot sounds much better!
I love my crock-pot and use it heaps through winter (now). I am constantly amazed though at how many things I could cook in it if I actually gave it a go. I have never cooked chicken breasts in mine before and will have to give it a whirl.
Crockpot is a great way to go in the summer. Do you put it outside or in the garage? I've never done it, but have heard about it.
Oh wow - this is something my family would LOVE - and it's way too easy not to try!!! What a great summer meal. Thanks for sharing!
This sounds great! I'll definitely have to try it.
This sounds delicious!
Post a Comment