Well, I did it. #42 on my list of 101 Goals is done. I'm not a sell-out, I promise - but the more I hear about people earning a few extra bucks on their blog, the more intrigued I become. I can't imagine this turning into anything substantial, but if I can earn $30 a month from some ads on my blog, hey - that's a date night or a pedicure!
A few weeks ago, I began researching this whole idea and I added a Google Sense ad to get started, but this week, I saw this post on The Happy Housewife's blog and it spelled it all out for me. And a fellow blogger sent me this post explaining 101 ways to earn income from your blog. After all of that reading, I got some ideas worth using. Halla!
I sincerely hope my ads don't clutter up my blog page, but I've finally added a few. The first one listed on the sidebar is for your benefit, mostly...it's a link to print coupons. I don't think that one is a big money-maker, but I've seen it on other blogs and always find great printable coupons on there. Scroll through to find coupons for stuff that you buy for your family. (Tip: if you hit "Quick Print," it will print all three coupon items that are visible at the time, but if you hit "See All Coupons" at the top, you can go through and select which coupons you want to print. Once you've maxed out how many times you can print a particular coupon, it will not show up anymore.)
When I added the "Christian Books" deals for Amazon, the first book that came up was The Shack. (I don't think I have control of what books appear) This week, I just read on Jessica Leigh's blog about that book and had planned to buy it soon - no joke! Now I'll buy it through my blog so earn/save a little bit of money.
Here's how it works: some of the ads will pay me a few cents per "hit" on their site (or for each time you click on it) while others (like Amazon) will give me a small percentage of sales made for people linking through my blog to make their purchases. So by all means...if you buy one of the items on my Amazon scroll list, please go through my blog to do it! I'm pretty sure I have to recommend the item to get "credit" for it, which makes sense to me. Also, if you see something interesting in the other ads, click on it to read more...I may get paid for your interest, even if you don't buy anything!
I've always been a big fan of Amazon and am kicking myself for not looking into this last year, considering Mike's mom purchased most of our Christmas gifts through Amazon because I recommended it! (apparently you can put your Wish List on your blog, too, so you'll see that on my sidebar when the holidays come back around) Purchases over $25 on Amazon have free shipping, so it's totally worth it.
See now, this is where my big mouth can come in handy. When I believe in something, I'll tell the world. And so far, I've been telling the world for FREE. If I could just figure out a way to earn a percentage of the money you're spending at the grocery stores...I'd be a rich woman!













7 comments:
Hope you make big bucks!
I'm happy to save you a few more dollars...I thought the Shack was garbage and I'd be happy to give you my copy to prevent the author from making any more money on it. Let me know if you want it.
Chandra - I'll take it! My reading level isn't nearly as advanced as yours, so maybe it won't be a complete waste of my time, despite your warning!
Well, it certainly has nothing to do with reading level... a quick google search will reveal some of the controversy for you. I just think the author treads the line of heresy a little too closely, and then wraps his book up in a "christian" package to sell to the masses. But that's a different rant for a different day. I'm sure Jessica has heard me complain about it before! Do read it and see for yourself, that's why I got it. Just see if you can pick out the areas where he compromises theology for "plot" or dialogue.
Sorry for the rant...shoot me an e-mail and we can arrange a swap!
Chandy...I've heard the same thing about that book.
I've also heard other friends say that it was an amazing book.
?? Guess what, I'll wait for the movie...that way I can judge it with a bucket of popcorn in hand. (Why did I say bucket? We NEVER buy the bucket.)
LOL
Anyhoo...Katie...you will not get rich off a percentage of my grocery store expenditures...believe it or not...twice last month I made trips to Safeway where I saved 97%!!!
(Finally total was $2.47 for my $68.00 worth of groceries...that is the best I think I have ever done!)
I am the crazy couponer these days...so I am all for your coupon link! :)
Good luck!
B
I might take the plunge after seeing how clean your site still looks. I'll give you some clicks, girl. ;)
how is this going for you? I'm looking into adding ads... any tips?
Honestly, I haven't seen any money from the ads yet. I know certain places have stipulations where they won't send you a check until you've earned $10 or $25. I suppose I'm not getting enough hits!
Post a Comment