Tuesday, January 6, 2009

90% off at Target

I took the kids to roam Target tonight for some reason. I didn't need anything. I didn't even want anything. But we were out and Mike was busy at home and sometimes I miss running a million errands. (I just felt half of you roll your eyes at me...don't judge!) When you have no money, the only place you have to go is the grocery store.

I peeked at the Christmas clearance stuff at Walmart the other day after I realized I had some leftover Christmas money lingering. Nothing was interesting. At all.

But Target. OH Holy NIGHT - Target!!! There were slim pickin's, but everything was 90% off. 90%. That's like only paying the tax, people! This is what I got:


I already put away the 3 rolls of wrapping paper for 39 cents each and I didn't want to pull them back out for the picture.

I really wanted trees for each of the kids' rooms this year. This weekend, a friend gave me a smaller tree and I was on the hunt for a second one. These trees were 59 cents each!!! That's why I got 4. I can put one in every room of the house now. Overkill? Maybe. But why should the Christmas cheer only be in the main room with the big tree? No more, I say.

The garland was under $1 each, the photo frame ornaments were 39 cents each (I do pictures of the kids each year and didn't this year due to lack of funds) and the gift tags (of which I ran out before all of my gifts were wrapped this season) were 9 cents. NINE cents.

If you're near a Target, you must go check out their dwindling Christmas department. I've never seen a 90% off sale in my life. I hit the mother load!

6 comments:

Allison said...

What great finds! I was about to post on my blog about the 3 foot Christmas trees I found at a craft store today. They were 80% off, which made them $4 each. Still a great price, but you put me to shame!!

Maria said...

Awesome deals!!! I got some great deals on gift boxes at Walgreens the other day. Everything was 75% off so that made the boxes .24 each. I found some that had Christmas designs that would be great with just a ribbon. I also found some was light green with polka dots that would be great to use for birthday gifts. I was happy with my purchase but I think you did so much better.

Sarah Mae said...

Wow - that is awesome! I wish I had time to got to Target...I know, pathetic, eh?

:)

Heathahlee said...

I got some cute stuff at 75% off, but I'm dying to go back to see what they have now!

Anonymous said...

Last year I found awesome deals at 901% off. This year, I found some pretties at 75%. Our store was pretty cleaned out, though. I may have to venture in to see if anything is left. Did you see swimsuits at your store? Ours is getting all ready for spring... it's still winter for crying out loud!

MamaHen Em said...

Oh yes, I just hit TWO Targets in two days, spending less than $10 and getting a five foot pre lit tree, mini ornaments for the kids trees, ribbons and wrapping paper, gift tags and stocking stuffers. Outdoor lights, a wreath and an advent thingy. 90% off, you are my friend!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails