Tuesday, January 13, 2009

#3 - Complete the never-ending project over our bed

Finally! This was seriously the never-ending project. I began it last summer and put everything up on the wall, I even posted about it being done. But it didn't look right. It was just...there. I decided it needed something to tie the 12x12 pieces together; an anchor. So I painted a celery-colored block, but it still didn't look right. Then I bought wood pieces to paint and assemble to "frame" the whole thing to make it look like all one piece. But those needed to be cut by my neighbor, then adhered to the wall...without being on my list of 101 Goals in 1001 Days, I don't know if I would have finished it until 2013. Giving myself over 2.5 years to finish it seemed like an attainable goal. :)

But today...it is complete!

Here is the "before" picture from August...



Then I painted the green block...



And the wood "frame" pieces...



And here it is altogether...



My bedroom looks complete!!!




8 comments:

Raquel said...

great job on your list girl! you are just busy busy busy...this looks great...

The DutchMac Tribe said...

Oooh, I agree, much better! Well done, you. Doesn't it feel great to walk in your bedroom and see THAT every time?

xoxoxo

Maria said...

Congrats to you for finishing your project.

Maria said...

I also wanted to let you know that I have posted your interview today on my blog.

Carry Grace said...

Way to go Katie! This looks great!

katylinvw said...

oooooh!!!! i love it! :) way to go!

Heathahlee said...

That looks great! You did a fabuloso job! :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, yes, I like that much better. Super crafty idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails