Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 6: Family Room/TV Room

Today's assignment for the Spring Cleaning Challenge is to do a clean sweep of your family room/tv room and media center. 

Our family room is pretty simple; the coffee table (turned tv stand) and end tables have no drawers to collect clutter and the baskets were just recently reorganized.

I turned the toy basket into the Wii accessories basket, which was the best decision ever.  We now have quite the collection of Wii remotes, guns and steering wheels. 

And until we have a more multi-functional tv table, the smaller Wii remotes and all of the games are neatly in baskets on one of the end tables. One friend of mine keeps her Wii remotes in an old tv remote caddy.  I loved that idea, but can't use it in my house because Ryan is constantly taking the remotes out of the jacket to put them in the steering wheel.



I did go through our movies and was able to add a few to our garage sale pile.  But overall, this room only took me about 5 minutes to complete.  I'm loving the shorter assignments mixed in with the bigger tasks!  (wish I would have thought to do that intentionally...)

Don't forget to go through old CDs and video games today, too. Rearrange the pictures on your mantel, even updating them with current photos.  Straighten crooked pictures on the wall.  Remove all items from the family room that don't belong.  Recreate a space that your family can sit down and enjoy together.

Oh - and don't forget your before and after pictures!!!  Please link your blog post below...
post signature

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails