Sunday, November 28, 2010

Meal Plan 10/18/10

Last week, I tried Southwestern Chicken and White Bean Soup and it was great!  I added some pureed squash and the rest of a bag of pumpkin and leaf shaped pasta and everyone loved it.  The pasta added a lot - I might post my version of this recipe on my blog soon so I can make it again.

I also tried Salmon Cakes with Creamy Ginger-Sesame Sauce.  Did you know that salmon comes in a can like tuna?  Except that it has the skin and bones in it.  Getting to the salmon was a mess, but these little salmon cakes were easy to make and all of us liked them. I used a cookie scoop to gather the "dough" and flattened the cakes with my hand before putting them in the oil.  These won't go into our regular recipe cycle, but I'd definitely make them again!

I'm trying lots of new recipes this week...
Monday - {Healthy} Chicken Pot Pie
Tuesday - Crock Pot Chicken Burritos with Whole Wheat Corn Bread (*new*)
Wednesday - Crock Pot Minestrone Soup plus squash and winter-shaped pasta
Thursday - Ravioli and Olive Oil Bread
Friday - Cream of Potato Soup with Light Oat Bread (*new*)
Saturday - leftovers
Sunday - Carne con Papas - Beef Stew with potatoes (*new*)

Baking
Easy Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting (*new*)
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
post signature

4 comments:

SnoWhite said...

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! I saw that you have the minestrone soup on your menu -- hope you enjoy it.

I'm off to check out some of those other yummy recipes you have linked!

chandy said...

I make a different kind of salmon cake pretty regularly because it is Elliot's favorite and can be thrown together in no time. I always buy the salmon in the little foil packets instead of cans. No skin or bones...it is ready to eat with no mess or trouble.

Carry Grace said...

yum!

Nat said...

I make salmon patties LOTS. it is a favorite...with cheese grits and biscuits. then you can have salmon patty biscuits for breakfast the next morning. That is how we do it here in GA anyway :D

However, I just had a friend tell me you could get it w/o bones! which i will be looking for next time. but i don't pick out the skin and bones (even though they look so yuck) i just mash/crush it all together like my mom did. they pretty much disolve, and it is good protien (well that is what my mom says anyway).

Related Posts with Thumbnails