Wednesday, December 2, 2009

25 Days of Christmas Scripture







This list of Christmas meanings and coordinating Bible verses is PERFECT for my little Advent scrapbook. I wrote them on all of the card inserts today and am excited to make this daily Advent reading a yearly tradition.
Christmas is...
1. A TIME OF SHARING - Read John 3:1-21
2. A TIME OF MEMORIES - Read Luke 1:68-79
3. A TIME FOR GREETINGS - Read Luke 1:39-55
4. A TIME FOR CHARITY - Read Matthew 25:31-40
5. A TIME FOR VISITING - Read Romans 15:1-7
6. A TIME OF HOPE - Read John 14:1-6
7. A TIME OF FAITH - Read Isaiah 55:6-11
8. A TIME OF PROMISE - Read Galatians 3:23-4:7
9. A TIME FOR CANDLES - Read John 1:1-14
10. A TIME FOR MUSIC - Read Psalm 150
11. A TIME FOR BEING IN TOUCH - Read John 15:1-11
12. A TIME OF RUSHING - Read Luke 10:38-42
13. A TIME FOR SINGING - Read Colossians 3:12-17
14. A TIME FOR FAMILY - Read Luke 1:5-80
15. A TIME FOR DECORATIONS - Read Psalm 118:19-29
16. A TIME FOR BAKING - Read John 6:32-40
17. A TIME FOR LOVE - Read 1 Thessalonians 3:11-13
18. A TIME OF SOLITUDE - Read 2 Corinthians 1:3-7
19. A TIME FOR REMEMBERING - Read Isaiah 25:6-9
20. A TIME OF PEACE - Read Matthew 11:25-30
21. A HOLIDAY - Read Hebrews 4:9-16
22. A TIME TO GIVE THANKS - Read 2 Corinthians 9:6-15
23. A TIME OF BLESSING - Read Ephesians 3:14-21
24. A TIME FOR GIFTS - Read Ephesians 2:4-10
25. GOD WITH US - Read Luke 2:1-20
post signature

8 comments:

SnoWhite said...

Katie... this is exactly what I've been looking for!! Thank you.

Emily @ Little Home said...

ditto what she said...
I wanted 25 days of scripture to use with our wooden advent calendar, but hadn't gotten around to looking anything up yet - this is perfect. thanks!

Renee said...

Thanks! I'm making advent calenders for my girls and wanted to include a scripture a day to go with their little surprise so this is PERFECT!

Tracey said...

Thank you for this! Love it! :)

Ellen aka Ellie said...

I'm late to the party, I just found this and pinned it. My husband and I do and advent wreath together, but I wanted something more--so I googled. Every other list I found originated on Mormon sites, and that didn't sit right with me. Thank you so much for being out there in cyber space!

Text Tiles said...

I have used this for 4 years now and still love it! Thanks for sharing!

Sarah Bowen said...

Awww this is very nice. I've been looking for this! Thank you, thank you.

Sarah,
short Christmas poems

Linda Morris said...

Thank you for posting this as I googled 25 Scripture verses for Advent to place in the drawers of my Advent Chalet. I've always had gifts in the past and although often found items relating to the birth of Christ I wanted something stronger. This is perfect! To have my three teenage grandchildren read these and look up the verses will be a Christmas tradition. Merry Christmas!! In His Joy, 'Hunny'

Related Posts with Thumbnails