Thursday, August 19, 2010

Such a great birthday

I woke up this morning to the sounds of two giggling children storming my bed with homemade cards. They also brought me breakfast in bed, up the stairs all by themselves, on our "You are special today" red plate. I truly felt special.


I went downstairs to thank the maker of my eggs and toast and saw fresh flowers on the counter that Mike sneaked in last night after going to the movies with a friend. Awwwww...


We sent Mike and Ryan off to work and school, then I took the little kids to the gym. It felt like any other day, except that once I returned home and peeked at my computer, I had dozens of Facebook birthday wishes, not to mention texts and birthday songs on my voice mail. I felt so loved!

For lunch, my mom took me and the little ones to Sauce.


Then after finding the perfect bra, my mom babysat while I redeemed my birthday gift of a pedicure and manicure. You know it's bad when I joked with the gal on the other side of the table, "I haven't had a manicure in SO long. Seriously...it's been years. My cuticles are probably a mess, right?" and she just silently glanced up at me with a pity smile. (Sorry to make you look at my veiny feet and finger toes, by the way...


For dinner, I didn't have to cook or clean. We left that up to the lovely people at Chipotle. We returned home to share a cookie cake.


And finally, to top off my awesome birthday, my mom and a couple of my dear friends and I went to see a comedy show called, "3 Blonde Moms." I hit #53 on my 101 in 1001 list again!


I might have even been treated to a fun fruity drink while I was there. (Thanks, Mom!)


Such a great birthday.
post signature

3 comments:

kimchad143 said...

I am such a lousy friend. Spent the morning chatting with you at the gym not knowing it was your birthday!!!Happy Belated Birthday, sounds like you had a great one!
Love ya!

Lisa said...

FUN! Glad you had such a great bday- you and your mom look so much alike- very beautiful girls! :)

RMOMROX said...

Happy Belated Birthday Katie!

Related Posts with Thumbnails