Thursday, August 19, 2010

#100 - Find the Perfect-Fitting Bra

#100 on my 101 Goals in 1001 Days is complete! I found the perfect bra (for my body) at Victoria's Secret, of all places. I assumed I'd lost my Victoria's Secret boobies a long time ago...

An employee had to size me, since I had no idea what size I was after nursing my three babies. As she was wrapping the measuring tape around my t-shirt covered chest, she said, "My name's Veronica. What's yours?" My reply? "I guess if you're about to feel me up, we may as well get to know each other, right? 'Hi, I'm Veronica. Now that we've met, I'm going to touch your breasts now.'" She was so flustered that I knocked the professionalism right out of her. ;)

I went in expecting to purchase the "Sexy Tee" bra, but it was on sale, so they had a limited selection, which didn't include the color I wanted. After trying on a tray full of their most popular bras, I ended up going with "The Naked." (I sure hope I don't get a bunch of randoms finding my blog through Google searches because of the words in this paragraph!)



Unfortunately, my perfect bra cost $10 more than the one my friend recommended, but oh well. You can't put a price on "perfect," right??? (not exactly a correct statement, but you know what I mean) I can't wait to wear my new bra tomorrow!
post signature

4 comments:

heidi @ wonder woman wannabe said...

yay for you! I'm also in the market for a new bra (just got measured last week for the same reasons you did)

were you shopping at vickies?

I tried on their 'Incredible' which was very pricey, but lived up to it's name! :)

Kendra said...

I am so glad you found a good bra!! I am currently in between sizes and thus none of my bras fit and feel good, so I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with them. I was thinking about heading down to VS one of these days and trying their new one--its suppose to be comfy. I just hate shelling out that kind of moola for a bra!

Clare said...

One of the best tips about buying a bra that I have ever heard is that you should purchase a bra that fits on the last (largest) set of hooks. Then as the elastic stretches it will still continue to fit as you move to the closer sets. I can't wear bras from VS-they don't carry my size. But spending money on a quality undergarment is always money well spent!

Meredith said...

Once I'm done nursing The Lizard, I definitely need to go get fitted for a bra--I have no idea what size I am anymore!

Related Posts with Thumbnails