In the process of labeling my baskets, I was able to declutter our enormous linen closet and complete Day 6 of the Spring Cleaning Party from a couple weeks ago. This linen closet is HUGE and has gone through phases of organization, but has truly become the dumping ground for all of the junk that I don't know what to do with. It's a holding area, if you will.
I had a shelf for candles, one for empty frames (either gifts I've received or frames that haven't yet made it up in our "new" house), one for smaller gift items I buy throughout the year, then everything else was a hodgepodge of miscellaneous electronics, baskets, china/chrystal, old home movies, stuff I need to sell on Craigs List, etc.
This area has become the thorn in my side. I found some clearance fabric trash bins at Target last year ($20 marked down to $3!) and bought 5 of them with the intention of organizing this closet and dressing it up a bit. And today, those bins are full and even labeled. No more peeking in every one to see what's inside!
After, right sideLook at those empty shelves!!! Whatever will I put there? And here are my pretty, repurposed trash bins. Don't they look nice?
As burned out as I was after the 2 weeks I decluttered, this felt REALLY good. But now I'm exhausted. Again. I still need to do our master bedroom closets, which is another item on my 101 Goals. And for good reason...they need a major overhaul. Ugh, I dread. Maybe next week. Or the next. Or sometime in July...














2 comments:
I have never seen so much stuff in one house before! You are definitely more of a stock-piler than I am...
What a HUGE linen closet!!!!
Post a Comment