I get told a lot, by non-couponers, that they don't clip coupons because the only available coupons are for processed foods. I disagree 100%. I just saved $35 just in coupons alone, not counting sales, and only bought 2 products that fall into the "processed" category. But I'll get back to that.
The same people also argue that they save just as much money at Costco, which I think is a misperception. I have a handful of things I always buy at Costco, but stopped buying many items there because I realized I save much more money shopping sales and using coupons.
Back to the reason for my post: Fry's (and all Kroger affliliated grocery stores) has a promotion right now on Huggies. When you buy $15 in Huggies products, you automatically get $3 off your bill. The smaller packages of Huggies are already marked down to $8.99, making this a good deal even if you don't have any coupons.
But if you're the good couponers that I hope you are, you should have several Huggies coupons available. There were (not sure if they're still there) $3 coupons on the link on my sidebar and you can print off 2 of those, plus there have been lots of $1.50 off coupons in the newspaper lately.
So after using my $3 off coupons on 6 packages of newborn and size 1 diapers (may as well stock up now, right?), each package of diapers (that were originally priced $11.99) were $4.50 each!
*I know I'm going to get questions about how I printed off 6 $3 coupons and honestly, I don't remember. Sometimes the coupon sites reset themselves and allow you to print more than two, and I never pass up a chance to print off diaper coupons!*
This was my big grocery purchase today:
I spent $64 and saved $93, which is almost 60%.
The BBQ sauce and hand soaps were all free, the paper towels were $.30 after their quadruple coupon promotion, and the brownie mixes were $.50. What am I going to do with all those BBQ sauces, you might ask? Well, I don't know. We don't eat it that often, but it was free, so I'll probably give most of them away to friends who are struggling right now.
While looking at the receipt as I typed this, I just realized that I was overcharged for the apples and the ground turkey. By a lot. It's annoying that I have to go back to the store with my receipt, but if it will save me $7, it's absolutely worth it, and the only reason I bought each was because of the huge sign nearby.













3 comments:
thanks for the tip katie- I printed off my huggies coupons and I'm totally going to fry's for diapers. That's awesome! You're so good at saving your family money- it's great to read about it- thanks for sharing! :)
Lisa
HOW DO YOU DO THAT????? What sites do you use??Please share your wisdom!!
I subscribe to moneysavingmom.com and thegooddealgal.blogspot.com. Both give great coupon links and The Good Deal Gal lives in Phoenix, so she lists the local store's sales + coupons, then shows you the "after" price. It makes it really easy!
Post a Comment