Note: I typed this a while ago and forgot to post it (Mommy brain!) but decided to put it up now with the old date. It's 4/19 and I'm doing better, still napping every day, still sluggish, but most of my sickness comes at night after the kids are in bed these days. I usually have a piece of toast and just go to bed feeling ill. I'm starting week 12, so hopefully I'm almost out of the woods.
This pregnancy is a joy and I am THRILLED that it confirms the fact that we will get to have a "bigger" family. But I don't remember being this annoyed with the side affects with the first two kids. Mind if I vent for a sec?
- Zits. A week before the stick showed a plus sign, I found a zit under my left armpit. I wondered if it were an ingrown hair from shaving? The next day, two more popped up under my right armpit. Today, my chin looks like a 14 year old. I'm not used to this...a minor inconvenience, but annoying, none-the-less.
- Exhaustion. In addition to needing a daily nap (or two, if I do anything more than lay around the house) walking up my stairs has become a reason to sit down and catch my breath. And the baby is the size of a strawberry, definitely not pushing on my lungs yet, and I can't walk a flight of stairs?
- Apathy. I don't have the energy to be consistent with the kids these days. They're starting to walk all over me and I get looks (especially from Kaylin) like, "What are you gonna do about it?" Those looks send her to time out, but if I don't get the look, it's not quite as obvious at the time that they're being disobedient and they're getting away with WAY too much. Because I kind of don't care. I have to start caring before my children start running the place.
- Mommy brain. On Tuesday, as I dropped Ryan off at school, I knelt down and asked Kaylin to kiss me good bye. For a full minute. "Come on, honey, Mommy has to go. Give me a quick kiss and have a good day at school." Thankfully, no one witnessed this ignorant persistence before I realized I was insisting the wrong kid kiss me good bye. I felt like an idiot. That is one of dozens of examples of my mindlessness.
- Hunger issues. I get nauseous when I'm hungry. I get nauseous when I'm full. (and I get full SO FAST - I need to remember to eat much smaller portions) I remembered the other day that while I was still working and pregnant with Ryan, I used to eat my packed lunch every day by 10am, then was starving at 2:00 and had to go get fast food. I finally started bringing two full lunches with me to work every day. I've given in to eating two lunches again. But often, nothing sounds good and when something does sound good, I obsess about it. Mike and I got in a huge fight about crab wontons and an egg roll last week. Yesterday, I stopped at Burger King for a Whopper Jr...at 9am.
- Feeling fat. Already. I went through some maternity clothes a friend let me borrow and refused all sleeveless summer tops. I cannot imagine purposely showing the world my sausage arms...especially since they will likely continue to grow! I was so fit during my other pregnancies. With Ryan, I took 5:30am aerobics and weights classes each day before work, then with Kaylin I was strong from carrying around my 18 month old bubba all the time and leaned out when I decided to give up white sugar and white flour for the last 5 months of the pregnancy. Then there's this one. I've been laid up on the couch, not working out, eating toast all the live-long day to curb my nausea...my body has gotten soft, to say the least.
Okay, I'm done whining now. Loving being pregnant, not loving being sick, tired and increasingly bigger by the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment