I am still in shock, but have to share the news: I just got back from my first doctor appointment and we have two little buns in the oven. I have no idea even where to begin to prepare for twins. Anyone have any advice?
I called Mike to tell him and he was speechless. The conversation went something like this, "What? No way. Really? Are they sure? Twins? No. Are you serious?" I'm hoping my mom doesn't read this before I share the news with her. My mother in law is over this morning and looked like she was going to pass out. But here's the thing...has anyone checked the calendar? Because today is April 1st. Happy April Fool's Day!!! :) I'm not having twins. (to my knowledge...wouldn't I be surprised if I got that news at my first appointment on Monday?)
I'm not much of a practical joker, but I couldn't pass this one up. If you see my status on Facebook, please don't make a comment and ruin it just yet...I'll change the status this afternoon and break the news. So far, I'm getting lots of support. (I love my friends...I just hope they speak to me after this.) Now go think of something fun to fool your own loved ones!













10 comments:
Well played, Katie...well played :)
Hahaha! I was like "oh boy she sure is going to be busy"! Good one!
AAAAWWWWW! I fell for it, hook, line, and sinker!!! :P
I fell for it too!! I got so excited for you!! Good one!
Nice try, Lee has tried this on me for every pregnancy- all 5. I need an ultrasound for proof of twins before I believe- you can blame Leanne :) Good one....
You're a stinker, you know that!!???!
Very funny. Before I read your whole post IO was fixing to tell you about my friend and her twins.
I got the very surprising news that I'm having twins at my 20-week ultrasound on March 23rd. I considered not telling friends until April 1, because it would be a fun prank-that-wasn't-a-prank.
With my first child, we found out I was pregnant on April 1, and didn't tell anyone for a day because they wouldn't have been sure whether to believe it. :-)
Haha, great one! That would be funny though!
That's a good one. The only April fool joke I played on anyone was texting a friend and telling her I was pregnant. She called me within two minutes telling me how excited she was, and I burst into laughter. :) Love your blog title and the header photo. I also loved the guest post on MoneySavingMom's blog - that's how I found your blog. :)
Post a Comment