Friday, February 13, 2009

My Husband Rocks - All about us

1. Where did you meet? At a 4th of July party for our singles group at church. I overheard him talking about the Plaza in Kansas City and stopped dead in my tracks since I had just moved to Phoenix. He thought I was hitting on him. We didn't run into each other again for 7 months.

2. How long did you date before you were married? Hmmm...this is a tough question. Mike thinks we started dating a couple of months before I considered us "dating." (I'll save that story for another post) According to his idea of our first date of March 27, 1999, we dated just under 11 months. My idea of our first date was in May, so by my time-table, we only dated for 9 months. 6 months after my first date, we were engaged, then 3 months later we were married. I know, I know. That explains a lot, doesn't it?

3. What does he do that surprises you? As much as he hates helping me with household chores, he takes great care in doing a good job.

4. What is your favorite quality of his? His integrity and his commitment to our family. Oh wait, that's two...

5. What is your favorite feature of his? His beautiful blue eyes

6. Does he have a nickname for you? Honey and "Hon" (which the kids have started calling me, especially when calling up the stairs)

7. What is his favorite food? all things Mexican

8. What is his favorite sport? college football, by far

9. When and where was your first kiss? Mike took FOREVER to kiss me. The poor guy - I totally freaked him out by admitting that I've laughed during 100% of my first kisses. I don't remember when it was, but we were hanging out at his house talking and I remember thinking, "Just KISS ME already!" When he finally did, I didn't laugh. That was his goal, the little stinker.

10. What do you like to do together? Hike, watch movies, work out at the gym, hang out at an outdoor shopping center and people watch, we're pretty relaxed.

11. Do you have any children? Ryan, 4 and Kaylin, 2.

12. Does he have a hidden talent? Yes - in an argument, he can completely change the subject in a single bound! I call him the most subject-changingest person ever to walk the earth. (I know that grammar was nails on a chalkboard to some of you!)

13. Who said "I love you" first? Me

14. What is his favorite type of music? Christian music, more Air One than K-Love, but he listens to both.

15. What do you admire most about him? His commitment to our family. He

16. Do you think he will read this? Doubt it - he doesn't check in on my blog very often anymore! If you're reading this...HI HONEY! (and I'm sure I'll get a comment arguing about the definition of our first date)

If you want to play along with this Q&A about your husband, attach the link to your blog below. It's a great post topic, just in time for Valentine's Day tomorrow!!!


1 comment:

Heathahlee said...

I LOVE reading these! The fact that your kids call you "Hon" up the stairs made me smile. I can picture them doing that.

And the one about your first kiss made me LOL!

Related Posts with Thumbnails