Saturday, December 27, 2008

Go Hug Your Husband

I'd like to ask for prayer for my poor friend, Shelly. Her husband passed away suddenly yesterday morning. The day after Christmas. He was truly the love of her life. She has a baby girl, 3 year old twin boys and a 14 year old daughter. And she is now on her own with those sweet kids.

What began as a blood clot this summer, turned into a tumor, he began chemo, the tumors shrank, they celebrated when he came home from the hospital last week, God gave him all day on Christmas with his family, then Shelly found him unresponsive yesterday morning. And now he is with the Lord.

If you know Shelly or feel lead to help in some way (Dan had been out of work for months due to being in and out of the hospital, so they need lots of help financially, with groceries, diapers, anything will help) please email me at ktksu(at)cox(dot)net.

Whenever I was having a rough day with Mike or the kids or began a pity party about our situation, I thought of Shelly. Her family's circumstances put things into perspective for me so often and I hope this can somehow help you appreciate all that you have, too.

Seriously...go hug your husband. Just because he's alive and with you right now.

5 comments:

Barry said...

My husband is currently taking a shower with our son...and my parents are visiting. If it weren't for the fact that the adults are on their way out to a fancy and ridiculously expensive restaurant AND the fact I don't feel like letting my parents know I'm getting naked in their presence, I would hug the both of them right now.

So I think I'll wait until they're both clean and dry, then hug the daylights out of them, grateful in the knowledge that I'm blessed enough to BE ABLE to perform this simple miracle.

Sending much love to Shelly and her family.

xoxoxoxoxoxo

Maria said...

I am sending my thoughts and prayers to your friend Shelly. I'm sure God will find a way for her to take one day at a time.

DutchMac said...

Sorry, yes, the 'Barry' comment was me under a fake name. Just thought I'd throw that in there to see if you were paying attention. :-)

HeathahLee said...

I'm praying for Shelly right now. I'm also asking the Lord to bring her and her family to my mind throughout the next few days.

Strawberry Blonde said...

Katie, I am so sorry about the death of your friend. Please know that I am praying for your friend and her children. May God put those in her path that will comfort her and be able to hold her up during this time.
-- Brandi

Related Posts with Thumbnails