Sunday, December 7, 2008

Chocolate Krispie Treats

1 c. sugar
1 c. light corn syrup
1 ½ c. peanut butter
10 oz. box Rice Krispies

Topping:
(1) 12 oz. bag chocolate chips
(1) 12 oz. bag butterscotch chips

· Mix sugar, syrup and peanut butter together over medium heat or in microwave. Stir often, cooking until the sugar dissolves.
· Pour over cereal in a large bowl. Mix well until all cereal is coated.
· Pour into large, buttered sheet cake pan and press lightly to the pan edges.
· In a microwave bowl or double broiler (preferred), melt both bags of chips together. Spread over top of cereal mixture. Chill in refrigerator until chocolate is hardened.
· Allow treats to come to room temperature before attempting to slice. Cut into 1” or bite-sized squares.
· This makes a large amount. Recipe can easily be cut in half and prepared in a 13” x 9” pan. Keeps well in the freezer.

These are one of my favorite desserts EVER. And they're easy to make, so give them a try. Becky brought them to "Hunko Bunko" last night at April's house (we dragged brought our husbands to Bunko with us - if you want more details, she effectively covered it all in this post) and I cheated and took a picture of HER creation so I could post it for your viewing pleasure. Because, you see, if I make these sinful little treats, I will eat them all. Seriously...when I make them, I have to put them in the freezer. Last night, I ate an average of one per hour (and we were there past midnight...) plus I brought two home.

Here is a picture of the Bunko girls who got their hands swatted when they tried to eat a Chocolate Krispie Treat...



And with our hunks...



8 comments:

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Oh - isn't getting together with girlfriends such fun!! These are my favorite things ever as well, but I have never done them with corn syrup. Normally, I just pour the chocolate on top...I'll have to try these. I have also added peanut butter to the butter....yum!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Oopd - hello - you have PB in the recipe already. :0

The Maid said...

Okay...you are funny.

Not only did you take a bite and put it back on the pile (gag...I think I just threw up in my mouth) but you also misrepresented my dessert here:

These are Special K Bars...

They are made with almost the same ingredients, but I thought your bloggers should know!
:)

1.5 cups light corn syrup
1.5 cups sugar
1.5 cups crunchy peanut butter

9 cups Special K cereal

1 12 oz pkg milk choc chips
1 12 oz pkg butterscotch chips

Place cereal in large buttered bowl. Also butter 13 x 26 sheet pan.

Bring first 2 ingredients to a boil, remove from heat and add peanut butter....mix until incorporated and pour over cereal until well coated. Pat mixture into pan.

Melt chips in microwave safe bowl (about 90 seconds, depending on microwave) and then mix well and pour over cereal mixture! ;)

I usually refrigerate them for about 15 minutes so that they set up and can be cut. :)

And yes...try to eat just one.

LOL

The Maid

Heathahlee said...

Oh, my. Oh, my, my, my. Those do look deeeeelicious!

Sorry I've been away for a while! It's been a VERY busy week! Y'all look like you had fun at Bunko!

The DutchMac Tribe said...

What fun! Oh how I love this season of overindulging in EVERYTHING!

Anonymous said...

You had me at peanut butter.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE those so much and thank you for the recipe! I also think that it is a hoot that your hubbies came for a bunko night! I adored my bunko group and sadly this year it never got up and running!

Lisa said...

I'm a Bunco Babe myself!!!

I will definitely be trying this recipe! It seems similar to one that my Grandma makes. So yummy!

I voted, but Polar Express, Elf and Miracle on 34th Street were nowhere to be found...Those are my real favorites!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails