This project came just a few days after I decided I needed wanted some sort of organizational contraption for our playroom. Then POOF! Target generously put the perfect item on sale at the perfect time. It's exactly what I wanted! I put it together and filled the canvas drawers right away, but quickly realized that they needed to be labeled because no one could remember what was in them. I printed pictures of what was in each bin, put contact paper on them and tied them on this morning. How cute do they look!?!?! I realize the pictures are small, but I just love these cubes. The before and after are not that different, except that what's inside is no longer a mystery..JPG)
.JPG)
That little project totally got the ball rolling. I seriously couldn't stop. After having 2 new friends over for a play date this week, "stuff" was officially all in the wrong places...100 times worse than usual.
During naptime today, I tore through the open bins we've had since we moved in (also a Target find - this is where everything gets tossed when the kids are asked to clean up) and took out all of the stray legos, lost tinker toys, train track pieces, parts to other random toys, game pieces that didn't make it back into the board game box, things like that...and put them all in their proper homes. I realize things won't stay "put" for long, but right at this moment, there is not a spare anything out of place. I think for the first time ever, actually! Ahh...what a great feeling. Below are pics of the closet (except the basketball hoop pic...that's in the corner of the room). I put shelves up shortly after we moved in because everything got SO lost in there. I was cursing all of the space that the walk-in closet provided until those shelves were put up. Now they're a life saver! I put most of the groups of piece-y toys (train tracks that should theoretically stay together, coloring books and crayons, Mr. Potato Head, etc) in the bins with the blue lids around the time that I wrote about this post..JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
That little project totally got the ball rolling. I seriously couldn't stop. After having 2 new friends over for a play date this week, "stuff" was officially all in the wrong places...100 times worse than usual.
I also wanted to show off this brilliant idea of mine. (oh yes, I am patting myself on the back!) I couldn't figure out what to do with all of the balls that we've accumulated. They don't stay where you put them, they're constantly under foot, and are a neusance when not being played with. Until now! I found a collapsable, stand-up laundry holder at Walmart recently for $4.99 and it fits all of the balls perfectly. They're contained, can be easily dumped then put away again...I feel like I need some sort of organizational trophy for coming up with this idea all by my little self. Is it just me or does this idea rock???.JPG)
.JPG)
For more playroom organizational ideas, see the links to all of the other moms who took the challenge at the bottom of her post.












8 comments:
Great organizing Katie! Your laundry bag IS a great idea! Good solution! I also have a set of the rack w/ colored bins. I love it because it can be a place to just store odds and ends. I also like the addition of the pics to your other colored bins. Thanks for stopping by and also sharing your organizing fun! Isn't a great look at all the pretty organized bins?
OK, that just makes me feel lazy today. I accomplished nothing. Glad to hear that SOMEONE did SOMETHING productive today. LOL
love the white shelf with the baskets. your toyroom looks great. love the ball idea. itd be easy for them to carry to where they want to play with the balls too. hope it stays clean for alittle while for you!
The laundry holder for the balls is GENIOUS. I'm going to go and get one right now . . . or maybe tomorrow when stores are open. :)
Nice playroom!!!
I love the laundry bag idea for balls. I have a few of those laying around without a purpose-now I know what to do with the balls in the boys' room.
Aimee
http://journalofamomma.blogspot.com/
That's a great idea of the balls. I will have to implement that one! Thanks for sharing.
Nice organizing!! You do deserve that pat on the back! Karol
Aren't those fabric bins the best! You are so lucky to have such a great closet, so glad it is working for you.
Well done!
Post a Comment