I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually enjoying Ryan not being in school for the summer! We don't have to rush around on Tuesday and Thursday mornings and it leaves that time free for us to do things that don't require being back to pick him up at 11:30. Loving it!
I've planned some fun things for him to do over the next few months, including Vacation Bible School all of next week (which I realize completely negates my statement in the last paragraph) and his birthday the following week (I didn't plan that, but you get my drift) along with a few other things on the calendar for us all to look forward to. .JPG)
Last week was my mom's birthday, so we celebrated with cake and a little party. Ryan made everyone wear party hats because really...is a party really a party without party hats???
Then tonight, Ryan and Kaylin are going with Grandma and Grandpa to Chuck E. Cheese for dinner then having a sleep over. Mike and his dad are golfing tomorrow (which means getting up at 5:30am for Mike) and I have a slumber party of my own to attend. I KNOW! I real slumber party with sleeping bags and movies and build-your-own-pizza and junk food. One of the leadership teams I'm a part of at church is doing this and I'm really excited. When was the last time you went to a slumber party? The hostess has kicked her husband and two boys out of the house for the night so it will be ladies only. So excited.
On Monday of this week, I took the kids to As You Wish pottery pain

ting place for one of the Mommy and Me classes. This is what Ryan made. The peas and corn are his fingerprints (and a few of Kaylins), the carrots are his entire finger and the broccoli is three fingers together for the bunch at the top and another swipe from his finger for the stalk. The black painting in the middle was all him and the dots around the edge were paint on a pencil eraser. Genius! He had a lot of fun doing it and I was surprised how
uninvolved I needed to be. Oh believe me, I wanted to help. But didn't. Until the end when outlining and writing the "More Please" were involved. Pictures of him during the process...
.JPG)

Then the other night, we planned to have new neighbor friends over for dinner, but they had a medical emergency. Since dinner for 7 was in the crock pot and a cake was in the fridge, we invited
over some other friends at the last minute. The pool was freezing, but the kids swam anyway. (this makes me a little worried that the weather won't be hot enough in a couple of weeks for Ryan's birthday POOL party!!!) Mike ended up turning on the sprinklers to let the kids run through instead of submerging them in the fridged pool water. The 50 mile per hour winds couldn't have helped the chill-factor, but I wouldn't know. I stayed dry on the patio! More summer fun updates to come: stay tuned.
3 comments:
That dish is so cute! My middle son has been asking to go there. I was shocked. But I think it would be fun for the two of us to have some special mommy and me time.
What a cute idea! I'll bet my kids would love to do this! This is another thing I'm needing to add to our "summer fun list"!
It all looks like great fun. I loved my kids being home for the summer - everything was more relaxed and we always had fun together. Nice blog!
Post a Comment