This week, all three of my kids are at vacation Bible school from 9am to noon. I haven't had this much pre-planned alone-time in...a very long time. I made a hair appointment, had a list of things I wanted to do around the house, shopping to do, returns to make, and piles of scrapbooking to catch up on. I even planned to cross several things off my 101 in 1001 list. (#8, #24, #37, #57, #65, #66, #68, #86, #87, and #96, to be exact)
But all of these things are difficult to do with one hand. Possible, yes, but much more difficult and much more time consuming then I was expecting. The hair appointment was well-timed, since it took me two hours to shower, wash my hair, blow dry my hair with Kaylin's help, and get dressed for church on Sunday. Getting my hair cut, colored, and styled yesterday should last me at least 3-4 days of not having to think about what my hair looks like. (don't judge) Because you know it's gonna be a hot mess without two hands to hold both the round brush and the blow dryer.
I'm trying to take the hint that God wants me to slow down a little bit this week, but short of sitting around and watching t.v., it's been tough. I'm already bored out of my mind and growing increasingly antsy. I'm severely frustrated that all of my plans will not get accomplished. I suppose I could organize some of the nooks and crannies that were on my list, it will just take a very long time.
This little accident of mine is really cramping my style. Don't expect too many fun, excited, happy Katie posts until this stupid cast is off. Because it's making me cranky.
(*sigh*)












1 comment:
Ugh, that sucks. Nothing worse than having both time AND motivation, then not being able to do anything about it. Sending much positive mojo you find the right balance of accomplishment and chill-out.
xoxoxooxox
Post a Comment