(we interrupt this week of a wallowing, one-handed pity party for an exciting announcement)
 |
| 6/25/13 - today (that's not a duck face, that's me looking sultry) |
Finding a great hair person is not easy. In a city the size of Phoenix, you'd think I'd have tons of options, but not many "great" stylists charge an affordable price anymore.
A while back, I weaseled my way in to get a cut from my pastor's daughter. She was very inexpensive and very popular, meaning she was booked 8 weeks out and wasn't taking new clients. But I saw the results of her work and begged, and she saw the mop on my head and agreed to help me.
She didn't have time to take on another color client, so I began coloring my hair dark. Myself. It was fine some days, ugly and ashy others.
.JPG) |
| 2/20/09 |
Eventually, I got sick of it. And instead of watching in horror as I turned my locks orange while going back to blonde on my own, she slowly highlighted it back to blonde for me.
 |
| 4/15/09 - the first highlights in the six month process |
We had a great thing going, Kristi and me. Then she moved far, far away. I had Mike take a picture of my last cut from her, so I could remember what my hair "used to look like".
 |
| 2/11/11 |
I tried a couple new stylists, but to no avail. One did great color, but I didn't love the cut, the other did great cuts but took three hours for an full appointment and was 20 minutes away. And I didn't love the color.
 |
| 3/13/13 |
Today, I went back to another new girl for the second time. Before celebrating that I found someone new, I wanted to make sure the first cut/color success wasn't a fluke.
 |
| during... |
 |
| ...after |
It doesn't appear to be a fluke. So I can cross #43 off my list of
101 in 1001 list. Yay!
2 comments:
I get your pain! I never noticed until some ex-pat girlfriends pointed it out, but they're totally right when they say that Dutch hairdressers can't cut hair. It's true! We all wait until we go back to our home countries to get haircuts, and mine SERIOUSLY can't wait until my beloved Gigi gets hold of me in two weeks!
So happy you found someone. Long may the love live! ;-)
It is pretty hard to find a salon and a stylist that you can trust. Some may boast of using the best products and techniques around but that doesn't mean they understand what you want. You're definitely lucky to have found a new stylist. Congrats!
Post a Comment