Friday, May 31, 2013

A Productive Holiday Weekend - #10, #63, #97 {and Almost #90}

Our Memorial Day Weekend was wonderfully quiet and lazy! The only plans we had were to have friends over to swim one night and possibly go to the movies. In the meantime, I was itching to declutter and get organized. A perfect opportunity to cross some items off my 101 Goals in 1001 Days list!

10. Get rid of the swing set in the backyard - DONE! Mike put the giant pieces out on the curb for our bulk trash pick up next week and within 3 minutes, someone loaded it all up into their truck. One person's trash is another person's treasure!

63. Declutter the coat closet - DONE! I have rearranged the items on the shelves a few times over the last few years, but the bins on the top (albeit labels and organized) haven't been touched since 2009. Mike and I sorted through the endless cords and connector pieces and filled two giant bags full for Good Will to put to use.
Before: the right side of the closet (overflow storage for kitchen/entertaining supplies)
After: all of my supplies for my Tastefully Simple parties are within easy reach and I  emptied the blue buckets to use them for store returns, library books, etc.
Before: the left side (coats and shoes)
After: I can see the floor!
Before: labeled and organized bins that haven't been touched in years. Time to donate the contents!!!
Jason kept busy by taking pictures of Mike and I going through the countless number of useless cords and electronic "stuff"
90. Get a new kitchen table - Not done, but we are so very close. We spent Saturday shopping and Mike is almost ready to commit. I'm SO done with our 20 year old bachelor kitchen table from Mike's college days!!!

97. Buy new dishes - I have been looking and looking for weeks and have found NOTHING that I love. While at IKEA on Saturday, Mike and I picked up some plain, boring, sturdy white dishes that are fine with matching bowls that are perfect for soup, cereal and ice cream. I've hated our too-shallow bowls forever and these new deep bowls are fun and awesome.


post signature

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails