Whew! That was exhausting. I knew my lungs and muscles had the endurance to make it through an entire spin class, but I was not so confident about my butt. The reason I hate spin/cycle classes is simple: my butt goes numb.
I walked into the spin room at the gym this morning and was discouraged to see this die-hard instructor that's been there forever. I laughed at myself as I tried to adjust the seat and handlebars, looking at the girl next to me admitting, "Yeah, this is my first time." I was so relieved to hear her respond, "It's my second! I couldn't believe I made it through the whole class on Monday, so I came back again." At least I'm not the only loser who is intimidated!
The class started and I heard Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer" begin. Oh yes, the music this girl played was just that awesome. Long live big-hair bands! (I think everyone should sit back and enjoy watching a young Jon Bon Jovi for a moment...totally worth 4 minutes of your day!)
The class started and I heard Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer" begin. Oh yes, the music this girl played was just that awesome. Long live big-hair bands! (I think everyone should sit back and enjoy watching a young Jon Bon Jovi for a moment...totally worth 4 minutes of your day!)
So I made it through. My water bottle was empty, my sweat towel was soaked and I looked at the clock every 5 minutes, but me and my butt made it through the whole 60 minute class. It was an amazing workout and I was really proud of myself!
#82 is finally crossed off my 101 in 1001 list (with a mere 4 days to spare) and, I hate to admit, but I might end up going back to take another class.
But no promises that I'll stick it out the whole hour...!












1 comment:
I miss Spin classes. Those were fun. You should go back. Your butt will only get better.
Post a Comment