Me: "What a great necklace!"
Carol: "Thanks! I got it at (insert store name here...it started with a B and I can't remember it). I was actually going to ask if you got your necklace there."
Me: "Huh - I've never heard of that place. My mom gave me this necklace for my birthday last week. Where is (insert name of store)?"
24 year old daughter: "They're all over. It's a jewelry store for old people."
Carol: "No it's NOT. I love their jewelry!" (Carol is probably in her 40s)
Daughter: "Exactly. I've made my point."
*Awkward silence as I realized that I liked the "old people necklace" on Carol and was complimented by "old" Carol on my own necklace given to me by my "old" mom.
Apparently I like old people jewelry. Or 35 is just simply ancient to a 24 year old...












1 comment:
bwahahahaha betcha $10 it was Brighton. ;)
Post a Comment