
Just in time for fall (um, yeah, it will be 100 degrees
well into October around here...) these are my favorite pumpkin muffins. I got them from
Becky Higgins' blog - I've tried many recipes, and these are the best. They're a light, fluffy muffin with a mild pumpkin flavor, not thick or heavy like some recipes. I always double the batch, so I can use a whole can of pumpkin, but also because these don't last long in my house. (Somehow I justify that they are healthy because they contain a vegetable...eating 3 muffins is the same as a stalk of celery, right? Anyone???)
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS1 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 eggs, beaten
1 c. ground pumpkin (canned)
1/2 c. cooking oil
1/3 c. chocolate chips
Mix together. Fill muffin cups and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Yields 24 muffins.
7 comments:
Yummy! I'm going to have to try these.
Ooooh, these look delish! My middle child loves anything with pumpkin. I'll have to try these for him. I decided today I am going to get my fall stuff out next week. Maybe if it looks like fall in the house it will start feeling like fall outside the house. Yes?
I love pumpkin, too and I have all the ingredients in the cupboard... mmmmm.
Here is a link to an old post of mine with two yummy pumpkin recipes.
And, yes. Pumpkin muffins and celery sticks are the same thing!!
These sound so good. I will be adding this to my list of things that I must make this fall.
http://mudpiestodragonflies.blogspot.com/2007/10/pumpkin-palooza.html
(Helps if I add the link, doesn't it?)
OOoooh those look goooood!
I have to tell you I love your playlist! We sing the version of "Jesus Paid It All" at our church. My FAVORITE is the last part..."Oh, praise the One who paid my debt and raised this life up from the dead!" Gives me chill bumps thinking about it! : )
These look really good, thanks.
Post a Comment