Saturday, September 27, 2008

Painting with Pudding

When Ryan was little, I used to make pudding and let him finger paint his high chair tray to his heart's delight. It kept him occupied and contained while I made dinner or cleaned up the kitchen. A fun little project that I forgot about until a recent episode of Jon & Kate Plus 8...but they turned the pudding painting project into a body art idea.

I've been wanting to do this for a few weeks and finally got around to it today. The chocolate pudding body painting would have been a great idea for brown day, come to think of it. Anyway, I made up the instant pudding, put the kid's suits on and headed for the backyard. Allow me to narrate with pictures.

Initially, there was more eating than painting...


Then they painted...


And ate some more...


But when I encouraged them to paint on themselves, they wanted nothing to do with it. In fact, when I smeared some pudding on Ryan's back, he stormed off, begging to go inside...


So I tried a different angle. "Wanna paint Mommy?"


It took Kaylin a minute to catch on, but soon she joined in the fun...


Then - LIGHTBULB! Kaylin finally started painting herself...


Soon she went after Ryan, but that didn't go over very well...


So she chased him around the patio...


Ryan didn't think that was quite as funny as I did, so I distracted Kaylin by asking her to paint my legs again...


More eating...


Finally, it was time to hose everyone down. I think the water was a little cold because Kaylin burst into tears and went running for the kitchen door...


Is it wrong that I think those big crocodile tears are adorably hilarious??

2 comments:

The DutchMac Tribe said...

Nope, I'd be cracking up too! Ok, so maybe that doesn't actually make it 'okay' but at least it only makes it equally as wrong as me. :-)

I'm with you on the 'laugh at your kids' philosophy .... which is why I find it hilarious every night when I hear the loud THUNK as all 42lbs of my kid crashes out of bed. (if he got upset, I wouldn't find it so funny, but as he only stumbles his way back into bed by himself, all in a still-asleep-stupor, it's funny as H)

xoxoxoxoxo

Heathahlee said...

I saw that episode and thought that it looked too fun. A little disturbing, but fun! Maybe next time the kids will have a better grasp of being given permission to get messy! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails