Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Inspired: Life Skills Binder

My kids have really had to bring their A-game lately. My wrist will be in this dumb cast for another 2+ weeks, yet my household needs to keep running...smoothly, if at all possible. 

Over the past 3 weeks, I've had the time to teach my kids to help me, and help each other, do basic tasks. Dishes, folding laundry, picking up more regularly, working together to carry heavy things...so many big and little things. Kaylin ties Jason's shoes for me and Ryan has even changed soiled sheets. All of this "life training" has been interesting, to say the least. 
This morning, I read a blog post from Simple Homeschool that could take this training to a whole new level. The writer explained that 9 year old son just "graduated" from his cooking class. With his mom. She has formal baking lessons with her kids when they turned 8 years old. This is SO up my ally!!! I was instantly inspired me to put together a "Life Skills Binder" for each child (starting with Ryan) that helps me teach them how to cook, bake, clean properly, etc.

I'm in the process of putting together a cooking class for Ryan. I announced it to him this morning and he was crazy excited! I have a feeling our neighbors are going to benefit from the extra baking going on in our house!!! 
post signature

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails