I saw this recipe I wanted to try last month and forgot about it until my BFF reminded me today. These are delicious bite-sized granola bar substitutes that are natural, healthy(er) and full of goodness. Oh, and they're ridiculously easy to make. I messed with the recipe a bit to fit my pantry items and eliminated the fridge time, due to my sense of urgency for them to be done in time for Kaylin to get off the bus.
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup flax seed meal
1/2 cup M&Ms (or chocolate chips - I'd use mini ones next time)
1/4 cup cocoa (optional)
1 tsp vanilla
Combine all ingredients. Either refrigerate dough for 1 hour and roll into 1-inch balls OR (if you're lazy, like me) scoop with a small cookie scoop and refrigerate on a wax-paper covered plate. I was impatient and didn't wait to refrigerate them...they were delightful at room temperature, thankyouverymuch!
Yields: 2 dozen













No comments:
Post a Comment