Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Memories, 2011


Chicken pox weren't going to damper our day around here, nosiree. 

Last night, a sweet friend agreed to babysit Jason while we went to church as a family .(it was a win:win - she wanted him to infect her kids and get chicken pox out of the way at her house, too) Before church, the kids showered me with balloons-on-a-stick, cards, flowers and gifts.

I don't want to ever forget my card from Ryan. Inside, was a $1 bill, likely because Mike's mom has been giving the kids money in holiday cards lately.  He was so proud to give me that dollar!  The flowers on the front were made from cupcake wrappers, folded in half twice, then tucked into a hand crafted stem.  Inside each wrapper was a written "coupon" for things like: help make a meal, clean my room, make breakfast and spend time together.  Adorable?  Oh yeah.


Inside the card was a note: "Dear Mom, Thank you for taking care of me.  Because if you did not, I would not live."  That's true gratitude right there.  According to my mom, I was dramatic like that, too.  Thank goodness that dramatic flare ended while I was young, right?


Ryan also completed a worksheet that was all about me:
- My mom is 34 years old. (he couldn't remember if it was 34 or 43...he guessed right)
- My mom weighs 100 pounds. (HAH!  I mean, he got that one right, too! He's wise beyond his years.)
- Her favorite color is blue.
- My favorite color is green.
- The best thing she cooks is spegety and metballs.
- I don't like it when she cooks rice. (when I asked about that, he said, "I should have put couscous, I forgot that I like rice.")
- Her favorite T.V. show is cooking.
- I'd rather watch Bubble Gubbys. (Bubble Guppies is a brand new favorite around here)
- If I could buy her anything in the whole world I would buy her a cook book.

Does my kid know me or what?  He must have peeked at the scale because 100 pounds is SPOT ON.  He also completed this acrostic...

"Most greatest, Often gives me chores, Thankful, Heart of love, Excellent, Ryan loves you." 

Be still my heart.

Kaylin wrapped her sweet gift at school.  The front said, "I love Mom because...you are nice to me and you play with me all the time."


Inside was a handmade, framed picture of us when she was polishing my nails at Mom's Night a couple of weeks ago.  She thought she picked out MOM stickers, but it actually reads MOA.  And the O really looks like a small Q turned upside down.  This is what I love about pre-school gifts!!!


Jason even scribbled colored me a picture.  I felt so loved today!  I got to go to lunch with my mom,  I took a huge, long nap, played around with pictures on the computer and didn't have to do a single dish or chore that I didn't want to do...it was just as Mother's Day should be.

My day ended with a nice oatmeal bath for my favorite, polka-dotted child.  When I wet his hair, I could see how many pox he has on his scalp.  He seriously looks like a speckled Easter egg, my poor boy!!!
post signature

1 comment:

Heathahlee said...

Oh, my goodness what a sweet day you've had! I LOVE the cards and gifts your sweeties gave you...made me remember the funny things my Kiddo did for me when he was little. Now he gets me cards with Pirates of the Caribbean talking about his poop deck or something or other. But it made me laugh. : )

And man, Jason's got the pox AND HOW! Hopefully he'll spread it to the other two and you can be done with this once and for all. However, I had them when I was 9 and even though I slept in the same bed as my sister, she didn't get them until MUCH later in her life, when she was 27! It would have been SOOOO much better to get them with me! But mine was a mild case, so that may have been the reason. I don't think Jason's is going to be considered mild!

Related Posts with Thumbnails