Monday, March 16, 2009

A better day

There's just no pleasing me, really! Today I have felt 100 times better. I woke up around 5:15 to pee for the 4th time, but couldn't fall back to sleep (and wasn't even sick) so I finally rolled out of bed around 6:00. Before the kids woke up at 7:00, I was on my 2nd load of laundry, I'd done my quiet time with the Lord, my emails were checked, the dishwasher was emptied, my house was picked up and the sheets were stripped off my bed.

The morning continued to be productive, since I was trying to get as much done as possible before the sickness set in. I got a ton accomplished, sat outside while the kids played for a while, made a nice picnic lunch - it was great. And I've continued to feel really good.

Which suddenly makes me nervous. I had a similar experience before I was pregnant with Ryan.

Out of the blue, I felt fine. Then at my 8 week ultrasound, the baby had no heartbeat and had stopped growing 2 weeks before.

Can't there be a happy medium? Or an at-home ultrasound machine where you can check out the little lima bean to make sure everything's going okay in utero?

The good news is that I'm completely exhausted. Of course, I've been up since 5:15 and done more in the last few hours than I have in the last 2 weeks combined. With that, I'm off to nap.

Real quick, though, if you have kids...think about planning some fun green stuff on the agenda for tomorrow - St. Patrick's Day. You can do Green Eggs and Ham for breakfast, add food coloring to most anything for lunch and dinner (egg salad, chicken salad, tuna, mashed potatoes, pasta with pesto, not to mention the gazillion green veggies as side items), make clover sugar cookies, clover-shaped cupcakes, green Jell-O, the easy ideas are endless. Check out Family Fun's website for more crafy ideas.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails