After rummaging through my supplies to use up what I have on hand, I began printing the main message of "still merry" on the cards. Around card 8, my printer went on strike. Grrr........
I even did a little insert with our picture on one side and a short update on the other. (my printer fixed itself, then broke again, then fixed itself...I cursed myself for printing my own pictures to save money...)
But, lo and behold, in two days, I have not only finished making my cards, but they are stuffed and in labeled envelopes, ready to be mailed.
Now, I have to forewarn some of you that you won't be getting a card from me this year. I know, I know, it's sad, but I got over it, so you should too. I went to buy stamps the other day and when I realized that I'd be paying a week's groceries on postage for 120 cards, I axed half of you. Sorry, but it had to be done. And those of you that live locally, expect your card to be hand-delivered next time I see you. If I sit and clip coupons and scout out the sales in the grocery fliers to save $5, you'd better believe it's worth it to NOT mail a dozen cards to save the same $5! Feel free to call me cheap, just not to my face. Because my husband's unemployed...I may have a weak moment and burst into tears on you, appearing oversensitive, and no one needs that guilt!
Where did that rant come from? I just wanted to show off my cool card design and brag about my ADD super efficient holiday weekend! Anyway, I hope you have all thought about making or sending cards, emails or e-cards this year. Your friends and family will appreciate them!!!













5 comments:
Those looks super cute - especially the picture insert!
I can go one better on the cheap-skate holiday greetings .... everyone with a computer is getting an eGreeting. You think your stamps are expensive, try buying INTERNATIONAL ones! :-)
These are wonderful! Cute, cute, cute idea with that little tag containing the photo and the update.
And yes . . . I'm one of those procrastinators who haven't started making my cards yet. This is a good kick in the pants to get started though, so thank you for the inspiration!
And I'm with you on the postage thing . . . some people, may just get a phone call or an email this year. ;)
Totally impressed!! Maybe one of these days I'll make my own card. Not tomorrow, but one of these days. You did a fantastic job. Those that receive them should count themselves blessed, and those that do not receive them should send prayers up for Mike a job. :) Brandi
wow these are so pretty! i love them, ihavent even thought of cards yet!
Post a Comment