Wednesday, May 27, 2015

5 Steps to a Clean Bedroom in 10 Minutes

I recently read this hilarious post with tips on how to get your kids to clean their bedroom in just 10 minutes. Impossible? Read on and try it yourself. I'm simplifying the steps here for my future reference.

Step 1: Clear and Make the Bed (1-2 minutes) - the room will look neater already!

Step 2: Put All Clothes on the Bed (2 minutes) - don't sort, just pile them up. Yes, on the nice, neat bed.

Step 3: Gather Items that Belong IN the Room (2 minutes) - put in a basket to put away afterward

Step 4: Get Rid of the Garbage (2 minutes) - and collect items that do NOT belong in the room

Step 5: Separate the Clothing (2 minutes) - put clean clothes away, dirty clothes in the hamper

Here's a problem though…if there's not a place for everything in your child's room, they will never know where to put certain things. For instance, in Jason's new room, I dumped out a bunch of stuffed animals to use the mesh basket for his laundry hamper. There is now a pile of stuffed animals in the corner. Do they belong in his room? Probably not, but we no longer have a playroom, so I have no idea where to put them. That is a problem I need to solve in order for his room to be "clean".
post signature

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails