I wish I could say I came up with this idea on my own, but I didn't. I read a post this summer that got me all excited about celebrating Mike turning 40 all. month. long. So yes, I had plenty of time to plan and prepare and think of ideas and shop and wrap. Just like I like it!
Mike's month of birthday gifts:Nov 1 - bag of Starbucks coffee (his favorite, plus we were out!)
Nov 2 - can of Planters nuts with a note - "It's NUTS that you're going to be 40!"
Nov 3 - Starbucks gift card (for his business trip)
Nov 4 - "We love Daddy because..." circle map (Ryan's idea...we put it on the door when he returned from his trip)
Nov 5 - a new work shirt
Nov 6 - tacos for dinner (his favorite)
Nov 7 - Arizona State shirt
Nov 8 - a huge bag of Dark Chocolate M&Ms (his favorite)
Nov 9 - black dress socks (a mentioned necessity)
Nov 10 - new gym shorts (another mentioned necessity)
Nov 11 - cards from the kids
Nov 12 - Death Certificate (for his youth)
Nov 13 - HAPPY 40th BIRTHDAY!!! Glasses and an obnoxious "Over the Hill" lei
Nov 14 - chocolate chip cookies (his favorite)
Nov 15 - a jar of pickles (because turning 40 is sour)
Nov 16 - an updated, framed picture of the kids for his desk at his new office
Nov 17 - iPod gift card
Nov 18 - fire starters for the grill
Nov 19 - ASU decal for his car with the new fork logo
Nov 20 - "40 sucks" lollipops
Nov 21 - chapstick (he wakes me up to borrow mine as we're falling asleep and it drives me nuts!)
Nov 22 - a huge supply of Mocha Chip Frappe drink mixes (his favorite)
Nov 23 - memory foam pillow
Nov 24 - frosty beer mugs
Nov 25 - sexy panties (yes for me, but he mentioned them in jest, so I honored his request!!!)
Nov 26 - Daddy's Day Off - college football marathon
Nov 27 - to-go coffee mug
Nov 28 - a new workout shirt
Nov 29 - another huge bag of Dark Chocolate M&Ms
Nov 30 - World's Best Husband/Dad certificate















1 comment:
I have missed coming to your blog Katie, you always have good stuff to share.
This is a great idea and I have done this in the past also.
For my oldest at college, last year she turned 21 and wasn't able to come home for it. So I called the immediate family up and we all split up the 21 items to buy for her. We wrapped up each one and put them in a box and a letter explaining that the 21 days before her birthday she could open one gift a day. She was soooo excited to get this box and sooo surprised. It was a mix of needs & wants just like your gifts.
She said it was the best birthday ever and she felt like we were right there with her.
I'm sure Mike is loving all this attention, wouldn't it be great if he did this for your birthday.
Post a Comment