Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 19: The Kitchen - Coupons & Paperwork

I learned one thing from today's assignment for the Spring Cleaning Challenge: I need to go through my stacks of paperwork more often!  Somehow, I need to work it into my weekly routine.  Maybe on Sundays - ???  I don't know...I'll have to decide...

I thought I had my paperwork pretty organized.  I guess it is, it's just that there's a lot of it and it needs to be sorted regularly.

The top bin (in the picture below) is stuff that needs to be cleared from the counter when it's time to cook dinner, entertain, etc.  The 2nd bin is for clipped coupons that need to be put away, the third bin is kids papers and the bottom is for magazines (to grab on the way to the gym).  The yellow accordion file is my coupons.
Before - My kitchen paperwork in the back hall closet.
After - Most of the paperwork is safely in the recycle bin.  I vow to myself to start sorting these piles of papers on a weekly basis!!
Before - Non-grocery coupons have been separated in envelopes marked Dinners, Products, Services and Snacks/Desserts since...probably my entire 11 year marriage.

After - I repurposed my old receipts organizer and now keep all non-grocery coupons filed in their little categories in one place.  I added a few new sections, such as Car, Clothing, Entertainment and Bed Bath & Beyond (because they need their own pocket!). I LOVE this new system!!!
If you need tips on how to handle your paperwork, SimpleMom.net recently had some great tips about how to deal with the influx to keep it organized. Aby at Creative Organizing also explains her household reference binder in this post.  Both have excellent tips and even downloads!

If you participated in today's challenge, please link up below!
post signature

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails