I utilized my new neighborhood babysitting co-op again last night. I'm tellin' ya - this thing is a wonderful resource. If anyone is interested, I'm happy to share all of the research I did and all of the forms I put together...I'm just so excited about this. Anyway...
I picked up my sleeping babies around 9:30 and the other mom commented on how "pleasant" my kids are. I've heard that my kids are well behaved before, but don't you ever wonder if someone is just trying to be nice?
My first thought is, "HAH - they must save their unpleasant behavior for home!" which is so true. Kids are so much better for others than they are for mom and dad. But still, it almost brought tears to my eyes to hear that she sincerely thought my kids are pleasant to be around and wasn't burdened by adding 2 more to her 3 for an entire evening. That was the best compliment I've had in a very, very long time. I'm doing something right as a parent?!?!? Praise God!












1 comment:
I love it when I am out with our kids and people say nice things about them. Mark's (my oldest)new thing is "Excuse me." He said that to a woman in Target the other day and she about fell over she thought it was so nice. It does prove that you are doing something right as a parent. All those "What to you say."s finally start to pay off. I love it.
Post a Comment