This is for you April! For the rest of you, if you feel like playing along, please leave a comment so I know to check your blog.
I Am...a child of God, a sugar addict, organized, efficient, outgoing, optimistic, an only child, the successful product of a single mother.
I Want...a simple life, a peaceful home, a family who laughs and plays together, to be healthy, to learn from my mistakes and the mistakes of others, for my kids to love the Lord as much as (or more than!) I do.
I Have...a great husband, healthy children, good friends, good time management skills, very few real problems, a blessed life.
I Wish...I would get up earlier every day, I would slow down more and enjoy the "moments" in life, I had an over-priced camera that took amazing pictures and didn't have a delay, I had more self control, Mike didn't worry about our finances so much, my kids would listen the first time I say something, I was less opinionated, I didn't care so much about my body, I wasn't so critical of things that don't matter in the long run, that it was impossible for me to say something that would hurt someone else.
I Fear...screwing up my kids, what the world will be like in 20 years, getting Lasik surgery, scary movies, the dark (I know - how old am I?), that someone I love will get a painful fatal disease, my kids getting severely injured, that my grandmother is getting dementia, not making an impact.
I Hear...my A/C running constantly, Ryan asking for a drink of water, Mike brushing his teeth, papers on my desk blowing in the breeze of the fan overhead.
I Search...for parenting ideas that make sense for our family, for simple healthy recipes, for good deals, for the reasons behind everything.
I Wonder...if I'm making the right choices as a parent, if Mike and I will ever have a nice boring marriage with no conflict, if I will ever learn to be loving in all circumstances and have a quiet gentle spirit, how many kids we will have.
I Regret...raising my voice, using the tv as a babysitter when I have to work, not speaking up when someone is acting out of integrity.
I Love...God, my family and friends, being a mom, encouraging others, planning, rainy days, when my house is tidy, Paradise Bakery chocolate chip cookies, sleep, watching movies, baking, a sense of accomplishment, scrapbooking, getting a good deal, Trader Joe's.
I Hate...clutter, being wasteful, whining, traffic, drama, The Wiggles, knowing that someone is lonely, when people feel left out, when I do something stupid, people who are mean.
I Ache...when my kids are in pain, that so many people I know are in financial trouble, when someone I love is hurting.
I Always...stick to my convictions, drink plenty of water, make my bed before I go downstairs in the morning, watch "The Office," sleep with one foot outside the covers, have my Christmas cards done way early, overuse the words "so" "that" and "just" in my posts.
I Am...a child of God, a sugar addict, organized, efficient, outgoing, optimistic, an only child, the successful product of a single mother.
I Want...a simple life, a peaceful home, a family who laughs and plays together, to be healthy, to learn from my mistakes and the mistakes of others, for my kids to love the Lord as much as (or more than!) I do.
I Have...a great husband, healthy children, good friends, good time management skills, very few real problems, a blessed life.
I Wish...I would get up earlier every day, I would slow down more and enjoy the "moments" in life, I had an over-priced camera that took amazing pictures and didn't have a delay, I had more self control, Mike didn't worry about our finances so much, my kids would listen the first time I say something, I was less opinionated, I didn't care so much about my body, I wasn't so critical of things that don't matter in the long run, that it was impossible for me to say something that would hurt someone else.
I Fear...screwing up my kids, what the world will be like in 20 years, getting Lasik surgery, scary movies, the dark (I know - how old am I?), that someone I love will get a painful fatal disease, my kids getting severely injured, that my grandmother is getting dementia, not making an impact.
I Hear...my A/C running constantly, Ryan asking for a drink of water, Mike brushing his teeth, papers on my desk blowing in the breeze of the fan overhead.
I Search...for parenting ideas that make sense for our family, for simple healthy recipes, for good deals, for the reasons behind everything.
I Wonder...if I'm making the right choices as a parent, if Mike and I will ever have a nice boring marriage with no conflict, if I will ever learn to be loving in all circumstances and have a quiet gentle spirit, how many kids we will have.
I Regret...raising my voice, using the tv as a babysitter when I have to work, not speaking up when someone is acting out of integrity.
I Love...God, my family and friends, being a mom, encouraging others, planning, rainy days, when my house is tidy, Paradise Bakery chocolate chip cookies, sleep, watching movies, baking, a sense of accomplishment, scrapbooking, getting a good deal, Trader Joe's.
I Hate...clutter, being wasteful, whining, traffic, drama, The Wiggles, knowing that someone is lonely, when people feel left out, when I do something stupid, people who are mean.
I Ache...when my kids are in pain, that so many people I know are in financial trouble, when someone I love is hurting.
I Always...stick to my convictions, drink plenty of water, make my bed before I go downstairs in the morning, watch "The Office," sleep with one foot outside the covers, have my Christmas cards done way early, overuse the words "so" "that" and "just" in my posts.
I Usually...pray at meals, follow through, show up on time, take my vitamins, am purposeful, am prepared, feel guilty after I eat sweets, overreact when I'm tired, follow a schedule/routine, think about how my words will effect others, go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, try to cram in one...more...thing.
I Rarely...worry, get offended, overexaggerate, do my daily devotions, burn dinner, wait until the afternoon to check my email, skip working out, watch live tv. (I love my DVR!)
I Never...lie, cheat during games, drink beer, skip meals, go more than 3 days without doing a load of laundry, wash my face before bed, buy greeting cards (I make them).
I Am Not...trendy, greedy, afraid of speaking in public, a pushover, a music lover.
I Dance...when I'm at a wedding, when others are dancing, when I've had a little "liquid courage."
I Sing...rarely, loudly when no one's listening, mostly Christian music.
I Cry...during Extreme Makeover Home Edition, when I see a baby being born on Discovery Health Channel, during sappy movies.
I Am Not Always...patient, empathetic enough, the "bigger man" in an argument.
I Lose...sleep when there's a lot going on in my head, track of time when I'm on the computer, my patience when my kids are testing me.
I'm Confused...about vaccines, whether I should homeschool, about how society's standards are getting worse with each passing year, when I'm focusing on something important and time sensitive and people interrupt with questions that can wait until later.
I Miss...Fall weather (I mean real fall, with changing leaves and crisp air...Phoenix's 100 degree "fall" doesn't count), Krispy Kreme hot fresh glazed donuts, Kansas City, traveling, my bridesmaids, having free time.
I Should...laugh more, count to 5 before reacting, have more realistic expectations of myself and others.
I Need...to relax, to be content, 8 hours of sleep every night, to feel safe, to step inside someone else's shoes before judging.
I Cry...during Extreme Makeover Home Edition, when I see a baby being born on Discovery Health Channel, during sappy movies.
I Am Not Always...patient, empathetic enough, the "bigger man" in an argument.
I Lose...sleep when there's a lot going on in my head, track of time when I'm on the computer, my patience when my kids are testing me.
I'm Confused...about vaccines, whether I should homeschool, about how society's standards are getting worse with each passing year, when I'm focusing on something important and time sensitive and people interrupt with questions that can wait until later.
I Miss...Fall weather (I mean real fall, with changing leaves and crisp air...Phoenix's 100 degree "fall" doesn't count), Krispy Kreme hot fresh glazed donuts, Kansas City, traveling, my bridesmaids, having free time.
I Should...laugh more, count to 5 before reacting, have more realistic expectations of myself and others.
I Need...to relax, to be content, 8 hours of sleep every night, to feel safe, to step inside someone else's shoes before judging.












6 comments:
Katie- I just LOVED this!! What wonderful insight. You are such a joy, thanks for sharing. I learned bunches about you. :-)
Hey, I hardly ever wash my face before bed either, and I thought I was the only one!
(And, I had my laser surgery on my eyes and it was the BEST thing ever....just sayin ;)
Okay, what gives...I post a meme and you tell me that no one wants to know any more about you...April posts a meme and you are all over it.
Guess that just shows you where I rank.
LOL The Maid
Hey Katie, i love the new family pics. They are darling!
It is fun to read up on you. You are an amazing young mom. A beautiful woman after God's own heart. A fellow perfectionist that is making it look easy. (I have given up hope!) xoxo
Loved this Katie! Wasn't it fun?? I also sleep with one foot out of the covers.
You will never have a conflict free marriage. If you do, it means someone gave up. Conflict is not always a bad thing, it does make you think about the other person's point of view and reminds you that you can't be selfish in a relationship. Just my opinion after 14 years of non-boring bliss. :)
This was really fun to read! We have quite a few commonalities (I never drink beer, I love Trader Joe's, I'm confused about vaccines, etc.). :)
Post a Comment