Has anyone else noticed that the price of bananas is ridiculous lately? (well, the price of everything seems high...) Unfortunately for us, they are a staple around here. Mike eats one before going to the gym in the mornings, the kids have them for snacks, I bake with them, we always have bananas.
For some reason, our supply either went bad quickly this time or I bought too many because I noticed this afternoon that we had NINE browning bananas. I would automatically make a bunch of banana bread and freeze it, but I just did that last week. So I tried coming up with something a little more creative.
First, I made some Morning Glory Muffins with the kids, but then everyone started asking for cookies. Hmmm...I still had 6 bananas leftover, which is a lot to stick in the freezer for smoothies, so I looked through my recipes and decided to make these: Nutella Rolls. (not cookies, but they have chocolate, so more dessert-y, right?) I got the recipe from Becky Higgins' blog last year and have only made them once before, but YUM. And super easy. I had extra crescent rolls in the fridge that I didn't make when we had people over for dinner recently, so I had everything I needed.
NUTELLA ROLLS
1 pkg. crescent rolls (I use reduced fat)
1/3 container Nutella (it's a hazelnut spread; found near the peanut butter)
powdered sugar (optional)
Spread out a crescent roll triangle, drop a spoonful of Nutella in the middle, add 2 slices of banana and then wrap it up, trying to keep the chocolate inside by pinching the edges of the roll. Place each on a baking sheet. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top if you want extra effect (and calories...) and put them in the oven at 350 for about 12 minutes, until golden.












1 comment:
These look great! We always have bananas that we don't get to, and I normally just freeze them for smoothies. This is something I will have to try!
Post a Comment