I kind of crossed #73 off my list of 101 Goals this morning. I tried, really I did. But the muffins seemed to take forever in the oven and by the time I brought the tray upstairs, Mike was out of bed and completely dressed. But the thought was there, right? I'll try again, for sure. Maybe on Father's Day.
Have I mentioned how much I love Sundays? We recently designated Sunday as "Family Day" and it is a TREAT to block out the rest of the world for 12-14 hours. I highly recommend it - it's my favorite day and completely recharges me for the week ahead.
For the summer, we're breaking the rules of Family Day by volunteering with the Kindergartners at church to give the regular volunteers a few months off, but even that was a great experience this morning. It was our first week teaching and we were in Ryan's class. For the first time, we got to experience the amazing children's program at our church. These kids are learning so much already and their scripture memorization is truly awesome. We left so pumped up - it set the tone for our whole day.
We came home, had lunch and swam, then the kids took a nap while I got my pedicure from Mother's Day and ran some errands. (Thanks, Mom! Yes - my mom got ME a pedicure for Mother's Day. I just realized how backward that seems...) Wanna see something bizarre? Here are my funky feet:
My friends used to call me "finger toes" in college, but I've analyzed the situation and I don't think my toes are necessarily the issue...it's my midget pinkie toe. See how it just drops off after my 4th toe? Feet are so weird. Especially mine.
Here's one more thing: the 2nd toe on my right foot is longer than my big toe, but the 2nd toe on my left foot is the same length as the toes on either side. And to add insult to injury, I swear that toenail grows faster than all the others.
I didn't take a picture of my feet to share with all of you, really I didn't. It's my picture of the day for Project 365. One of my 2-3 yearly pedicures. I love 'em.
I just realized that I discussed my toes in the same post where I proudly announced that I brought Mike breakfast in bed. Ew...sorry about that...sometimes I just have no filter!
More pictures from our weekend:
We had my mom and grandma over for my mom's birthday Friday night. How sweet is this picture?
And Kaylin helped me make the Rise and Shine Muffins from my meal plan last week. I gotta report, they were a little dry. I even did the "water in a pan in the oven" tip. And the orange zest was a bit much. The recipe didn't call for butter or oil, so they taste much better warmed with a pat of butter, but I have to say that I likely won't make them often. They were a lot of work and no one was all that impressed around here. But how adorable is my little helper?
See the lovely blue-taped plastic over my windows in the background? I'm so ready for my blinds to be back up and my house back in order. You can also see the stack of pictures I had to remove from the walls that are leaning against the fireplace. My house is just a sight right now.
I can't believe tomorrow is JUNE. We find out the gender of the baby in the morning. I hope we don't have to deal with a crossed legs situation...I'm dying to know what we're having! I'll make the big announcement when I get the news. Can't wait!












6 comments:
So do you have a hunch what it's going to be? You should record that for posterity, to see if you're right!
Chandy - Mike is convinced it's a girl (he thinks I've been more "hormonal" this pregnancy...I think he's high) but I've felt so good since my 2nd trimester started, I'm starting to wonder if it's actually a boy. (based on the whole "sicker with a girl" wives-tale)
Plus, I'm preparing myself for the fact that if it IS a boy, we have a long road ahead with names. Mike's so difficult to negotiate with on boy names. He has negative associations or "issues" with 99% of them.
So, Mike thinks it's a girl, I'm thinking it might be a boy, but I'm truly 100% okay with either. (a girl would be easier to bunk up with Kaylin, but that's my only sway)
Have I told you I just LOVE your blog???!!! I think it is because I am just as random (in real life) as you are about pedi's and morning breakfast in the same conversation! LOL
Also, I really admire how transparent you are and the goals you are trying to achieve as a Mom & Wife. It seems like every time I have thing on my mind you are writing about it and from a Biblical perspective might I add! Thanks girl! =0>
PS. I am JUST learning how to sew, I found a sweet older lady in church and I take her my tutorials and ideas and she shows me how to do it. The more I make the better I get! You would LOVE IT!
Can't wait to hear! And I guess I won't be making those muffins like I thought!
Your hilarious Katie!
First, I have funky feet! My second toe on my left foot does not have a toenail (I was born without one). And my 4th toes in on both sides are short and stubby, so wearing shoes for a long time is just plain painful.
Moving on! I remember how excited I was finding out the genders of both our kids! I am not one of those Mama's that can wait and be surprised.
I totally feel you on the name issue, we went through it too...."do you remember so-and -so from high school....we can't name our kid THAT."
I'll admit, our son was much easier to name, than our daughter.
Good Luck! :)
Ok, so I just checked in to see if you had reported some fun news! Not yet... :)
Is that iced green tea that Mike drinks in the morning? Don't know why but I have tried 3 separate times to drink that and I get crazy headaches.
I will make you feel better and show you my toes next time I see you... :) I was always told that second longer toe was called a Texas toe. Not sure why but because I was born there, sounded logical. It's really not the prettiest thing. Mine are both longer than the big one.
Post a Comment