* Do you use your Yellow Pages phone books? Yeah, me neither. Since discovering 411.com, I immediately toss mine into the recycle bin when they're dumped on the porch. I just learned that you can OPT OUT of receiving stacks of phone books and save them the time, money and TREES that it takes to make these unnecessary phone books. Click here then click on "Opt Out" under the "Join Us" tab.
* Trouble deciphering what's healthy for your household? The Good Deal Gal just posted about a site called GoodGuide.com. Since "all natural" products aren't accountable to anyone for claiming they're natural, this site is a good resource that "uses expert recommendations to tell you which products are the wisest choices -- everything from food, household items, personal care, and even toys! You'll find the latest recall information and you can even compare prices of your favorite products to help save a few bucks!"
* Do consumers REALLY save money by shopping at Walmart? Emily at Little Home did some research and has the answer. Click here to read her thoughts.
So there you go. That's a little of what I've been reading about lately. I have been bored. Really bored. Sick and tired of being sick and tired. Yes, already. There's just nothing on t.v. anymore. I'm usually a Food Network junkie, but watching them make good food that I can't eat is absolute torture. I am, however, almost done with a book. A real, fiction, won't-help-me-with-my-marriage-or-my-parenting book. The first one I've read since I can remember. 5 years, maybe? Pathetic!













1 comment:
Thanks for the Yellow Pages Opt Out link. I never use mine and they just take up room in my pantry. However, I never throw them away because what if I need to look up a random thing, like piano tuners in the area. You just never know... But I think I'll just throw them in the recycle bin now.
Hope you're feeling better.
Post a Comment