Sunday, March 15, 2009

Getting Bored

The last few times I've blogged about being "bored," someone has either thrown up on me within 10 minutes or something major happened the next day. I've been waiting for several days to complain about this, but I am officially getting BORED. I've debated about whining about such petty matters, especially considering the fact that I have several friends who would give anything to be pregnant and sick in bed right now, but I have to get this out. So please, bear with me and my tantrum.

It is so boring feeling sick. And tired. And just...blah. When I wake up (in the morning or from my daily nap), I'm groggy for at least an hour. Then that turns into feeling sluggish and sick to my stomach. After a couple of hours, I get about a 30-45 minute window of feeling "normal" and that's when I race around like a whirlwind getting everything done that requires standing: dishes, laundry, playing with the kids, picking up the filth that's accumulated all over the house, showering, making sandwiches to pull out of the fridge at lunchtime. Then I'm exhausted again, sluggish, ready for a nap and the process repeats itself in the afternoon.

I have this strange need to be productive. I like having an agenda for my day. Sitting/laying around watching the kids play is not fun for me. Or worse, when they're sleeping, I don't even have them to entertain me, so I flip through the nothingness on t.v. looking for something to pass the time. I actually watched the entire hour of "True Hollywood Story: Bret Michaels."

The good news is that in my boredom, I finally started reading my book. You know - the one book I want to read for #11 on my list of 101 Goals in 1001 Days. I have high hopes, don't I? Thankfully, that kept me occupied for a few hours yesterday, which was good.

We've also been watching home movies to prepare the kids for my growing belly, what a newborn baby looks like, what they looked like when they were first born...that's been fun. Kaylin keeps asking to "watch the babies movies." So we've watched an hour or two of home videos every day or two.

It's pretty pathetic that I'm in what - week 7 - and I'm already sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. The kids understand that the baby growing in me takes most of my energy and that it's making my tummy hurt. They've been amazingly understanding and even a little empathetic. Except when they say they have to throw up or lie down because they don't feel well, either. That's a little too hypochondriatic for my taste. (I know that's not a word...just go with it.)

(*sigh*) So I'm bored. And what's worse is that I have things to do, I just have no energy or motivation to DO them. Whatever would I do if I were on bedrest? Forced to lie down even when you're feeling well? That might send me over the edge. I just pray that these next few weeks pass quickly...or that I get more energy soon...or (most importantly) that this exhaustion will only last the first trimester! I have friends who have been down and out all 9 months of all of their pregnancies. Ugh - I've had it so easy!

Thanks for letting me vent. I just needed to pout out loud for a few minutes. Sorry to be such a wimp!

4 comments:

The Maid said...

You are blessed...and being sick is a good sign...that is what I have heard! :)

Hang in there..the prize is well worth it.

My friend just lost a baby at 3 weeks old...and I have a memorial service to go to this week. If you get too bored, read about her:
www.andiegrace.blogspot.com...
I guarantee you will have a perspective transplant and be so happy to be sick and tired and in the midst of healthy boredom! :)

Let me know if you get really desperate and I will come over with my brood and entertain you. LOL

The Maid
PS - I wasn't sharing that news to give you something to worry about or to make you feel bad...I thought you could take your mind off of everything by reading about sweet Andie Grace and praying for her family this week! :)

Heathahlee said...

At least you can blog about your boredom! : )

I'm praying you come out of the first trimester feeling much better.

I WAS on bed rest for three months with Kiddo. I have to say it wasn't that bad. Of course, I do have selective memory. : )

Jenn Hydeman said...

Hang in there...have you tried preggie pops? They sell them at Babies R Us..also, crystalized ginger works wonders too. Try to make sure you don't emphasize too much that the baby is making you sick...telling that to the kids may harbor some resentment? Just what I was told from my midwife. Mommy is sick because her body is busy making a blessing! You are doing great, just hang in there!!!

Carrie said...

Oh, Katie... I hope you get your energy back soon. At least you have a reason for feeling bored/tired! I'm realizing that I currently have no excuse for not getting things done around the house! I'm simply not motivated!

I'm anxious to hear your take on that book.

Related Posts with Thumbnails