Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesday's Time Saving {Grocery} Tips

I recently developed the most amazing grocery list EVER! I got the idea from my friend Erin.
.
When I'm not store hopping for specific super-sale items, I tend to go to the same stores and buy the same stuff over and over again. So I typed up a printable grocery list with each store and the items I usually buy from that store. I've been printing off the list every week or two and as I need an item, I check the box next to that item on the list.
.
I used to shop at Trader Joe's weekly, but since we reduced our grocery budget, it's more like every other week now. And I make a Costco run every 3-4 weeks as needed, so I hate forgetting a staple item there. And for the locals, did you know that Wednesdays are "Double Ad Day" at Sprouts? Their ads run Wednesday to Wednesday, so on Wednesdays (I'm getting sick of typing that word!) you get last week's sales AND next week's sales. It's the only day I shop there.
.
What's even MORE efficient (this makes me feel like a genius) is that I listed the items in the order that I usually walk through each store. That way, when I'm shopping, the grocery list is in the logical order of where I'm going next.
.
On this list is pretty much everything I buy regularly, at the stores where I've found that the non-sale prices are the cheapest. Please feel free to steal this idea...it's been an amazing time saver for me!


4 comments:

::Traci:: said...

Great idea! {As always!}. I love your tips - keep em' coming!

Grocery shopping can be such a hassle, then you end up eating out, then you feel bad for the large fries that will no doubt make it's way to your bottom, not to mention the cost on your wallet, and really it's an endless cycle. lol.

Erin said...

I love it!! Hee Hee Hee.....

Anonymous said...

My husband has been bugging me to do this for at least a year. Go figure...my husband comes up with this idea and he doesn't even do the grocery shopping.
I guess I'll give in and give it a try...I know it will be extremely helpful.

Anonymous said...

Email this list to me! I had created one, but yours is WAY better.

Related Posts with Thumbnails