Friday, February 20, 2009

#41, #52, and #99

I've accomplished a few less-than-exciting things on my 101 Goals in 1001 Days list that I wanted to jot down before I forget. None deserve their own post, so I'm combining them:

#41 - (2/19/09) Buy more memory for the computer - After being laughed at by our computer genius friend, we learned that our dinosaur computer couldn't hold the amount of memory that computers need these days. So intead of buying more memory, we bought a new computer. And I have to say, we got quite a deal. We found one on eBay for $299, offered the guy $200 (his fault for showing a picture of dozens of computers he had stacked up on shelves) and he totally accepted it! We didn't need any of the accessories, but many thanks to this same computer friend who took pity on us and found this deal.

#52 - (2/18/09) Pray for Mike every day for a month - I found that this is easiest to do first thing in the morning. I was in a wonderful little habit of sitting up and praying (for Mike, the kids, my attitude, my patience level, etc) for about 10 minutes before I got out of bed each day. Then my weak pregnancy bladder began encouraging me to go to the bathroom before praying and the habit was quickly broken. Curses! The point in doing this for a month was to develop a good habit that would stick, so I kind of feel challenged to start this one all over again.

#99 - (2/18/09) Floss daily for one month - Could it get any more boring than this? I did get myself in the habit though, partially out of fear that we have no dental insurance. The only person responsible for these pearly whites is ME!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails